USB Driver not installed.

kelvinkim98

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hi I own a Dell vostro 3555 laptop, and I am not able to use my usb ports. I think the problem here is that I don't have the drivers for SM Bus Controller and Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller according to device manager.

My specs:
Motherboard:
-Model: 0K89MF.
-Chipset:AMD K12Bridge
-South Bridge: A55/A60M
Bios: A05

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help :'( if there's any information that I can include in order to find the problem please tell me!

I would really like to solve this issue asap

Solution

Hi :)

Chipset drivers ?

All the best Brett :)
The drivers are built into windows, if your ports are active in the Bios perhaps your USB drivers are corrupted I had that happen to me once. I went into the device manager a removed all the USB hubs and the exited the O/S detected and reinstalled them automatically and then they worked again.

kelvinkim98

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

The specific driver still didn't install inself :/ sucks

kelvinkim98

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I have checked and USB ports are enabled, I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling as well but those 2 things still couldn't find a driver :(

kelvinkim98

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I've downloaded and installed the chipset driver but it seemed to just install 2.0 card reader when I need Universal Serial Bus Controller/SM Bus controller, thus making no change. Do it think those might be in a different file?

kelvinkim98

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I highly doubt that is the cause, but I don't think I can get more help so I decided to just take it to a computer expert for examination if all else fails :(