[crawl] bets on what kills me?

My Deep Elf Conjurer has just reached the Temple, to swear himself into
Vehumet's service. He has a ring of wizardry, an amulet of the
gourmand, and has quaffed a potion of magic.

Any bets on how the game arbitrarily waxes him ten moves after I go down
to DL 5?

m.
--
\_\/_/| Martin Read - my opinions are my own. share them if you wish.
\ / | mein herz gebuerz die qual ein alleletztes mal

> Any bets on how the game arbitrarily waxes him ten moves after I go down
> to DL 5?
>
> m.

A centaur.

-Lucas

Martin Read wrote:
> Any bets on how the game arbitrarily waxes him ten moves after I go
> down to DL 5?

Killer bees? :)
DL5 is too soon for unseen horror :)

regards
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
www.xenocide.w.pl - SF roguelike in development

Martin Read schrieb:
> --
> \_\/_/| Martin Read - my opinions are my own. share them if you wish.
> \ / | mein herz gebuerz die qual ein alleletztes mal
[Das Ich, Destillat (1)]

I don't know whether you intend it, but this is not what is sung. They
_are_ using peculiar grammar for "gebären", but it's not _that_
peculiar.

(1) yeah, sue me for possessing a CD with this song...

--
Hörst du die Engel singen,/ spürst du die sanften Schwingen,
hat sich das Warten nicht gelohnt?

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001

Martin Read .-- .-. --- - . ---...

> My Deep Elf Conjurer has just reached the Temple, to swear himself into
> Vehumet's service. He has a ring of wizardry, an amulet of the
> gourmand, and has quaffed a potion of magic.
>
> Any bets on how the game arbitrarily waxes him ten moves after I go down
> to DL 5?

I'd bet on some unique with nice wand (lightning seems sufficient at this
stage). Not much though. ;-)

--
Loonie
---------------------------------------

Martin Read <mpread@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message news:<GZo*IZllq@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>...
> glitch@gweep.net (Lucas Ackerman) wrote:
> >> Any bets on how the game arbitrarily waxes him ten moves after I go down
> >> to DL 5?
> >>
> >> m.
> >
> >A centaur.
>
> In the end I survived until the second level of the Lair, when I
> suffered a brain fart and tried to kill a spiny frog with "Throw Frost"
> instead of "Bolt of Cold" :(
>
> m.

I lost my best character in recent memory (mountain dwarf fire
elementalist, iirc) to a spiny frog. They are very mean.

-Lucas