jjiimmvv

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002
The thumbnails in my Photoshop computers "My Pictures" folder seem to be appearing much slower than they used to. I'm sure this is because there are several thousand photos taking up 100 plus gigs of space. The photo's are divided into sub directories...about two hundred subdirectories sitting in the "My Pictures" directory which sits in my "C" drive. My "C" drive also contains my windows directory and my programs directory. Photoshops.exe is in my program directory but I use a 20 gig partition ("D" partition) on my second 120G JB drive for the Photoshop swap file. I'm using XP Pro and NTFS in its default state. The drives are defragged daily. At idle the CPU Usage reads zero and the PF Usage reads 150 Megs. Opening "My Pictures" directory spikes the CPU Usage to 100 percent for about 5 seconds. It adds about 15 more Megs to the PF Usage graph.
So I’m wondering if the thumbnail cache is overfilled. Is it self adjusting or can I dedicate more space to it...if so where is it; I can't seem to find it.
XP Pro
AMD 1900+ CPU
1024 Megs PC 2700
2x120G WD JB Drives

Rats in the hold.
Crews all dead.
I fear the end is near...