[Crawl] Strange death

I'm new to Crawl, so I dont know if this is a bug or a feature. I
searched the group, but I couldnt find anything, so maybe its a bug.

I was playing a Troll Berserker (lvl 10), and I found an amulet of
Bloodlust. When I wore it, it said "You have an urge to hack
something. You die..."

"Eel Adam" <madali0@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to Crawl, so I dont know if this is a bug or a feature. I
> searched the group, but I couldnt find anything, so maybe its a bug.
>
> I was playing a Troll Berserker (lvl 10), and I found an amulet of
> Bloodlust. When I wore it, it said "You have an urge to hack
> something. You die..."

That's a fixed artifact, I believe, and comes with an intelligence penalty
(-3 or 4, I think). And you're a troll berserker -- I'd bet you forgot to
breathe.

--
--Jeremey