Sign in with
Your question

File refers to a location that is unavailable

Last response: in Windows 7
January 8, 2013 1:02:26 AM

I have more than a 100GB of video files in wmv format on my Windows 7 partition. When I tried to look for it the other day, the folder /Users/kl/Videos/Logitech Webcam/ was no longer there. But when i searched for "wmv" it showed up in search, then then I clicked open location, it said that the location is unavailable. I know that the files are still on the disk because I have 370GB on that partition, and only 90GB is free. This was the same as when I could still access those video files so they could not have been deleted. How can I gain access to these files again? I have already tried all the instructions on this page http://www.windowsvalley.com/fix-location-is-not-availa...

Any ideas?
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 1:30:32 AM

thetrystero said:
I have more than a 100GB of video files in wmv format on my Windows 7 partition. When I tried to look for it the other day, the folder /Users/kl/Videos/Logitech Webcam/ was no longer there. But when i searched for "wmv" it showed up in search, then then I clicked open location, it said that the location is unavailable. I know that the files are still on the disk because I have 370GB on that partition, and only 90GB is free. This was the same as when I could still access those video files so they could not have been deleted. How can I gain access to these files again? I have already tried all the instructions on this page http://www.windowsvalley.com/fix-location-is-not-availa...

Any ideas?

I would assume that your Windows 7 partition is your primary partition on the computer. The info on windowsvalley is pretty spot on as far as fixing that issue but your issue isn't related to the desktop profile.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and seeing if you can see the folder at all?

It could possibly be something malware related.
I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both.
m
l
January 8, 2013 3:11:58 PM

i think this happened after i used paragon ntfs to copy over from files from my mac os x partition to the windows partition. could this help narrow down the possible solutions? both reside on the same hdd.
m
l
!