Opening a port for Outlook on the MN-710

JC

Hope somebody can help me with this one, I run Outlook
2003 on my laptop but if I connect to the internet to our
corporate exchange server through the MN-710 router I get
no connection at all.

Somebody said I should probably open a port on the
firewall of the router. How can I do that and what
portnumber is that, I only see a port forwarding option,
is that same as opening a port?

Any feedback appreciated!

joker

Huh the MN-710 is a wireless NIC not a router.

JC wrote:

> Hope somebody can help me with this one, I run Outlook
> 2003 on my laptop but if I connect to the internet to our
> corporate exchange server through the MN-710 router I get
> no connection at all.
>
> Somebody said I should probably open a port on the
> firewall of the router. How can I do that and what
> portnumber is that, I only see a port forwarding option,
> is that same as opening a port?
>
> Any feedback appreciated!

assistance.

time.