Best laptop for almost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moikie

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
1. What is your budget? 500-700$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.4 inch or smaller. Something fairly portable.

3. What screen resolution do you want? 720p or 1080p.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Decently portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
I want something that will last me more than 4 hours at least while I'm at school.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
Yes. I play Killing Floor, Combat Arms, Dead Rising 2, L4D2 and like them to run pretty high.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Surfing the web, word processing, music, movies.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
350+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon (1-day shipping),Newegg, TigerDirect, Walmart, BestBuy

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?
DVD-Rom

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Prefer: ASUS, Samsung, Acer
Don't Prefer: Toshiba, Cheaper Acers, some gateways. Because they lack the look and quality I want.

13. I live in the US.

14. Other Features:
I would really like Nvidia Optimus. Also would like a core i5, i3 if possibler, no integrated graphics or low-end. Also considering ASUS for their 1-year accidental warranty but can't seem to find the sweet spot.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-RF510-S01-15-6-Inch-Graphite-Radiant/dp/B0045UB66S/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1292966051&sr=1-4

This seems like a pretty good choice but it does not have optimus.

Thanks!

moikie

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Well scratch the gaming part. I'm not a hardcore gamer just want something to play the less graphically intense games smoothly. I just want something with all the latest features and to keep me up to date for a couple of years. More of an all around computer rather than gaming while keeping it within my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.