Gaming Laptop for a Canadian! (boxing day deal would be great!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertwolf

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
1. What is your budget?
$1000-1100 (without tax)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Don't really care

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Inbetween a desktop replacement and a portable laptop, I don't mind if its heavy.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not a huge issue

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes I do.
Orange Box (High)
Fallout 3 (Med-High)
Dead Rising 2 (Med-High)
CS Source (High)
Crysis (Med)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
General web browsing, office tasks, watch movies/tv shows, not a big photo/video editor

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Does not matter

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Does not matter

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Does not matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer Asus/Lenevo
Do not really like Acer/HP/Toshiba (however this isn't set in stone)

13. What country do you live in?
Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Well boxing day in Canada is coming up on the 26th (our version of black friday) so I'm hoping I could get some good deal utilizing that sale.
I might have to take the Laptop to Europe or the US in the near future (might move there for school).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
I'm Canadian too (as you can probably tell by my name) and I think I know exactly what you should get. Another thread mentioned the Lenovo Y560 for $750 direct from Lenovo and that has a Radeon HD 5730 in it along with an i5. Just go to the Lenovo site, select the Y560 for $999, go through the customization crap and when you get to the shopping cart, it will ask for an eCoupon Code. Use this code: CAPREDFLAGDEALBOXINGDAY
There's no better machine in your budget than that. :sol:
I'm Canadian too (as you can probably tell by my name) and I think I know exactly what you should get. Another thread mentioned the Lenovo Y560 for $750 direct from Lenovo and that has a Radeon HD 5730 in it along with an i5. Just go to the Lenovo site, select the Y560 for $999, go through the customization crap and when you get to the shopping cart, it will ask for an eCoupon Code. Use this code: CAPREDFLAGDEALBOXINGDAY
There's no better machine in your budget than that. :sol:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS