i will like to forward all ports from my MN-500

First, why?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> would anyone be so kind in telling me the easiest way to
> go about doing this?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

why?
because i have so many apps and stuff with so many
different port ranges that are getting messed up

i found out how to connect to base station but the
trigger forwarding only lets you set individual ports

i tried putting my PC in dmz mode but it doesnt appear to
have fixed it

if all else fails im gonna put my router in bridge mode
and reset to router mode every then and again to make
sure nobody is leeching off my wireless network

You shouldn't need to do that, Jerry. Honest. If you're running games, for
instance, here's information on ports which need to be opened:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;240429 Remember,
too, that the ports need to be opened by the LAN IP of the computer on which
the game (or program is hosted). Most well-behaving programs which require
ports open will do so only when necessary, even through Windows XP's new
firewall, and then close them to keep your system secure.

You do NOT want to open all the ports.
--

> why?
> because i have so many apps and stuff with so many
> different port ranges that are getting messed up
>
> i found out how to connect to base station but the
> trigger forwarding only lets you set individual ports
>
> i tried putting my PC in dmz mode but it doesnt appear to
> have fixed it
>

> if all else fails im gonna put my router in bridge mode
> and reset to router mode every then and again to make
> sure nobody is leeching off my wireless network

You can use DMZ.

But that's a very stupid (i'd use a more appropriate word, but that's really
what it boils down to)thing to do when you can open ONLY the port ranges
that are needed.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -