1.1Ghz Temp

FUBAR

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
What is a good temp for this proc to be running at under full load with a case temp of 22oC. After running 3DMark 2000 looped for 30 mins he temp was 39oC in ViaHWM. Is this good or should it be lower and is this a good way to find the temp under full load.

Thanks

seanmcne

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It does vary. I have an Athlon SlotA 650Mhz and mine has a case temp of 39C and a cpu temp of 43C. I have heard that this is well within specs for my chip. I think yours is probably just fine. Lets see what others say.

-=-Sean-=-
I hate picking fights... but it's so fun :smile:

G

you will have no probs at that , Athlons are happy up to about 50C

M

UK Prices are <font color=red>toooooooooo</font color=red> high , keep competition going to bring em down :smile:

G

My 850 was running at 60 degrees C w/ a thermaltake orb. I didn't like that so I bought an alpha and some artic silver and now it runs at least 10 degrees cooler.
I never did see any problems running at 60.

G

mine is a 850Mhz athlon and it goes at 55ºC more or less and the mainboard a 35ºC and some people have told me that the good temperature for this processor is between 30 & 40ºC is that ok??, do i have to mind about temperature in my processor??.Even i have been told that the ATX 230Watts power is not good for this processor and the minium possible is 250ATX,so i bought a 300W ATX one, and 55ºC did not changed.My mainboard is a A7V from ASUS. Lots of thanks

*-Intelligence runs after me, but i'm speedier-*

G

This temperature is fine. I have a 1.2GHz Athlon running at 1.33GHz an it maxes out at 53C under full load. You shouldn't really experience problems until you get up to 60C or beyond.

John Garrett
System Admin - www.elementk.com
Editor - Exploring Windows NT Professional

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My TB 1200MHz runs at about 60°C all the time, no problems. I'm currently using the GlobalWin FOP-32i as cooler, however, I just ordered a Swiftech MC370-0A. Keep in mind that, when comparing temperatures, you should only compare them with measurements done on the same type/revision of a mainboard. Also keep in mind that, e.g. with the AsusProbe program, the program gives a different reading compared to the bios or SiSoft Sandra reading. The AsusProbe program gives a CALIBRATED temperature that is higher than the bios measurement. Of course one tends to believe the lower temp...

<i><font color=purple>Running within specs is the key to a stable computer!</font color=purple></i>

G

If you want your Thunderbird to run cooler, buy the recommended (Tom's Hardware Guide) Socket A CPU Fan - FOP32-1 and install with Arctic Thermal Silver paste, and you'll notice your processor will run cooler. I have a 1 GHZ Tbird installed in an ASUS A7V, that would hit over 50 degrees centigrade frequently, and as I speak now, the CPU is at 41(ASUSPROBE). You can pick them up on the net for under 20. I got mine with the paste for 21.95. I think in the long run it will be a wise investment..Good Luck...