Help 911!!!!! On a office 2007 slow to access .doc .xls and .ppt on a

marksteeves

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I have a customer on a win 7pro workgroup with a win 7 pro file server all systems are 64 bit there are 3 PC's attached to the file server which runs headless.
There is 1 main share on the file server that is shared to everyone with full control. security is set to everyone also with full control. This is a wide open share. PCs are all running office 2007.
All pcs are running windows firewall and GFI managed AV which is VIPER AV. Exceptions for all effected files have been allowed through with exceptions to... I have applied FIXIT 50637, I have tried to disable SMB2, I have disabled all security all with no effect.
When A user on the network opens a docx word file on the share it is instantly opened.
when the same user opens a .doc word file it can take up to 3 mins. to open a 50kb file. same goes with Excell .xls and xlsx same with powerpoint. extensions.
Lastly if I save the .doc to desktop it opens instantly. WTH! Google was not my friend today maybe you will be?
All systems are fully patched.

To me it sounds like a very slow harddrive, even a damaged one. Try to make some tests on the harddrive and check if it's in good shape.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Open a same file in multiple systems cause this issue its normal because (s1) open a word file (s2) open same file to edit is not allowed to reduce the risk of data loss. if s1 close the file s2 open that file so wait to s1 close the file .
(or)
modifi the settings to increase speed like this : s1 can full control (modify any file), s2 and others only read the file. so open same file all users no speed and data loss .