heat

G

Hi, I have recently bought an AMD K7-850Mhz and an ASUS A7V mainboard,i have been told that those athlon that runs between 800 and 1200 Mhz, their temperature muste between 30 and 40ºC, and mine is at 55ºC more or less.What can i do te refrigerate my AMD?? a peltier cell would be a good solution?? or its normal to have those temperatures?

*-Intelligence runs after me, but i'm speedier-*

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are fine. There is no problem with that temp. The low temp's such as 30-40C is due to the fact that they use "super coolers" or in other words very good cooling. One other thing you could try is to lower your voltage. If you are at 1.75 now try 1.7 or 1.65. My duron was rated for 1.5v but with a normal fan I can run it at 1.35v fine. The temp will go down allot. The only draw back is that your system can become unstable and you will need to bump up the voltage. Just some ideas.

soup.

AMD for Life!

G

Lot of thanks, another question, i have as i already said an asus a7v, and I've read on the top of the box that it supports 200 Mhz FSB, but i cant configure it higher than 145Mhz ¿? where is the trick??. Arf

*-Intelligence runs after me, but i'm speedier-*

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Lot of thanks, another question, i have as i already said an asus a7v, and I've read on the top of the box that it supports 200 Mhz FSB, but i cant configure it higher than 145Mhz ¿? where is the trick??. Arf"

It’s a marketing trick. See they mean 200mhz DDR (they don’t say DDR) so say you are at 100mhz FSB that’s 200mhz DDR. So if you go to say 120mhz FSB that’s 240DDR. If you say you want the ram to run at 133 and FSB to 100 the ram still runs at 133 and the FSB is 200DDR. So if you run ram at 133 and FSB at 107 (like me) the ram is set to 142mhz and FSB is 214DDR. Hope that will help.

Soup.

AMD for Life!

G

If you want your K7 to run cooler, buy the recommended (Tom's Hardware Guide) Socket A CPU Fan - FOP32-1 and install with Arctic Thermal Silver paste, and you'll notice your processor will run cooler. I have a 1 GHZ Tbird that would hit over 50 degrees centigrade frequently, and as I speak now, the CPU is at 41. You can pick them up on the net for under 20. I got mine with the paste for 21.95. I think in the long run it will be a wise investment..Good Luck...