[ANNOUNCE] Heroic Adventure! 0.1.5b (bugfix)

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc,rec.games.roguelike.announce (More info?)

Heroic Adventure! 0.1.5b (bugfix)
Against the Dark Lord

http://www.heroicadventure.com

This application requires the .NET 1.1 Framework, available from Microsoft.
Go here to download the framework: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

What's fixed in 0.1.5b:
- Natural 20 always hits
- Natural 1 always misses
- combat now pays attention to which hand(s) weapons are in
- combat messages now reflect weapon type (blunt, piercing & slashing)
- two weapon combat now works
- Ogre hit dice progression tweaked
- can now [,] (get) items from piles
- identical items now stack in inventory
- LOS code tweaked
- can now earn XP after hero level 10

- other stuff I forgot to document...

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Dnia Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:33:01 +0000 (UTC), Mystic Triad napisa³(a):

> Heroic Adventure! 0.1.5b (bugfix)

Played for a while, bugs:
- items seem to be visible in the dark (dunno if it's a bug or a feature,
though),
- 'd'rop doesn't work at all - it just displays your backpack,
- no autowalk/rest.

I do like the feel of the game. Maybe it's because I used to play ADOM a lot
:)

--
Marek Baczyñski :: UIN 57114871 :: GG 161671 :: JID imbaczek@jabber.gda.pl
evolve or face extinction (applies to you, too!)

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Mystic Triad wrote:
<snip>
> What's fixed in 0.1.5b:
> - Natural 20 always hits
<snip>
In the game I just played, this does not seem to be true. My AC 32
character went from level 5ish to 11 without taking a single hit point
of damage. What killed him? A crash.

"Elethiomel" <terjebo@broadpark.no> wrote in message
> Mystic Triad wrote:
> <snip>
> > What's fixed in 0.1.5b:
> > - Natural 20 always hits
> <snip>
> In the game I just played, this does not seem to be true. My AC 32
> character went from level 5ish to 11 without taking a single hit point
> of damage. What killed him? A crash.

oh duh... I'm a dork. I fixed it for players and not monsters. *sigh* thanks
for pointing it out.

How do I use a scroll? The keybindings screen doesn't seem to say.

"Winged Coyote" <wingedcoyote@aol.com> wrote in message
> How do I use a scroll? The keybindings screen doesn't seem to say.

scrolls and wands will be operational in 0.1.6
spellcasting MIGHT be operational in 0.1.6

Incidentally, you would [r]ead the scroll to use it.

I am considering implenting the scribing of scrolls into spellbooks as well,
but that would probably be in a later version.

I haven't quite decided how to do spells/magic yet. I like the ADOM way, but
I also like the D20 system way. I imagine I'll come up with something in
between the two.