G

I can't tell if this is the Athlon-C 266 1.1ghz....It's listed for 260$..I want to get the new DDR 266 chip and I just can't tell if this is it: It says this on specs

System Bus:The AMD Athlon processor's system bus is the first x86 platform bus running at or above 200MHz. At present, AMD Athlon processors are available with 266MHz and 200MHz system buses. As one of the fastest x86 processor buses currently available, the design delivers as high as 100 percent more peak bandwidth than any x86 system bus. It is designed for scalable multiprocessing and leverages high-performance Alpha™ EV6 bus technology to enable exceptional system performance.

The Link is: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/essencom/amdk7thunsoc7.html

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I went to the link and couldn't find anything either. However I know that some builders dont specify what your going to get you just have to wait and see what the PN ends with ( a B or a C ). If you want to make sure your getting a C then call where your ordering from and verify or make sure it clearly states that it is a C.

Someday I will stop asking all the questions!

G

Anyone have a site with good price on a guaranteed C....also how easy is it on A7M266 to turn B into C (only diff is 266 mhz FSB if I am correct)

Thanks