Treo 650 and Verizon

February 1, 2005 12:52:24 AM

Will it ever happen?

Very frustrating!

--
_____________________
Matt DeCaro
mdecaro@comcast.net
Matthew.DeCaro@jefferson.edu

More about : treo 650 verizon

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:14:47 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, at 21:52:24 [GMT -0500] (13:52:24 Tuesday, 1 February
2005 where I live) "Matt DeCaro" wrote:

> Will it ever happen?

Will what ever happen?

--
Why are Macintosh error messages always negative numbers?
Anonymous

John Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, at 21:52:24 [GMT -0500] (13:52:24 Tuesday, 1 February
> 2005 where I live) "Matt DeCaro" wrote:

>>Will it ever happen?

> Will what ever happen?

Will PalmOne ever get around to releasing a GSM version of the
Treo 650 instead of just the CDMA version they have now?

You see, the Treo 650, being CDMA-only right now, works only
with Sprint. But Verizon (and virtually every other carrier
in the US and Europe, except Sprint) are all using GSM networks,
while the Treo 650 does not yet support GSM, although PalmOne
has said it is eventually supposed to do that...

- Logan
February 1, 2005 11:14:49 PM

"Logan Shaw" <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> John Phillips wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, at 21:52:24 [GMT -0500] (13:52:24 Tuesday, 1
>> February
>> 2005 where I live) "Matt DeCaro" wrote:

> Will PalmOne ever get around to releasing a GSM version of the
> Treo 650 instead of just the CDMA version they have now?

Maybe next week !! But that won't help you :-(

> You see, the Treo 650, being CDMA-only right now, works only
> with Sprint. But Verizon (and virtually every other carrier
> in the US and Europe, except Sprint) are all using GSM networks,
> while the Treo 650 does not yet support GSM, although PalmOne
> has said it is eventually supposed to do that...

Verizon uses CDMA, but of a different type than Sprint.

See their page for the Treo 600:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?ite...

It says that the phone is CDMA digital dual-band 800/1900 MHz

A Google search for "Treo 650 Verizon" shows discussions saying that the
phone will not be available till 3rd quarter of 2005 ...
--
Aloke
----

Aloke Prasad wrote:

> "Logan Shaw" <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

>>You see, the Treo 650, being CDMA-only right now, works only
>>with Sprint. But Verizon (and virtually every other carrier
>>in the US and Europe, except Sprint) are all using GSM networks,
>>while the Treo 650 does not yet support GSM, although PalmOne
>>has said it is eventually supposed to do that...

> Verizon uses CDMA, but of a different type than Sprint.

Well, I stand corrected. I thought Sprint was the only major
US carrier left not on GSM or actively switching to GSM, but
apparently Verizon isn't either.

- Logan
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:57:46 AM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005, at 09:41:59 [GMT GMT] (20:41:59 Tuesday, 1 February
2005 where I live) "Logan Shaw" wrote:

> Will PalmOne ever get around to releasing a GSM version of the
> Treo 650 instead of just the CDMA version they have now?

As pointed out, Verizon is not a GSM service.

Interestingly, on http://www.palmone.com/au/, the GSM version of the 650 is
shown, available "real soon now".

Prices in Australian Dollars ("South Pacific Pesos").

--
"Suicide Hotline...please hold."
Anonymous

Here in Canada, the wireless network selling the Treo 600 has only the GSM
version. In fact, my wife is in Europe right now getting/sending email from
it. Her previous palm (Tungsten W) was also unlocked when purchased.

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

--------------------------------
"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> Interestingly, on http://www.palmone.com/au/, the GSM version of the 650
> is
> shown, available "real soon now".
>
> Prices in Australian Dollars ("South Pacific Pesos").

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:58:03 AM

The GSM Treo 650 is now available in New Zealand from Vodofone.
Cingular/AT&T is already selling it to business customers (my co-worker has
received his already) and should be very soon for the public. Verizon is as
far as the rumors go at least a month away. Here is our news article about
it:
http://www.palmzone.net/modules.php?name=News&file=arti...

--
tim@palmzone.net
http://www.palmzone.net

"David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Here in Canada, the wireless network selling the Treo 600 has only the GSM
> version. In fact, my wife is in Europe right now getting/sending email
> from it. Her previous palm (Tungsten W) was also unlocked when purchased.
>
> --
> David Nimon
> dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
>
> --------------------------------
> "John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Interestingly, on http://www.palmone.com/au/, the GSM version of the 650
>> is
>> shown, available "real soon now".
>>
>> Prices in Australian Dollars ("South Pacific Pesos").

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:26:45 AM

Logan Shaw <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>Will PalmOne ever get around to releasing a GSM version of the
>Treo 650 instead of just the CDMA version they have now?

Sure, I just got one on order.

http://web.palmone.com/products/communicators/config/zi...

look for the "Looking for an unlocked GSM Treo 650 smartphone?" link.
Pricey, but that's not unexpected...
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:43:37 PM

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005, at 02:58:03 [GMT GMT] (13:58:03 Wednesday, 2 February
2005 where I live) "Tim Nicholson" wrote:

> The GSM Treo 650 is now available in New Zealand from Vodofone.

Now also available in Australia.

--
Police toilets stolen! Officers have nothing to go on!
!