Sign in with
Your question
Solved

30 inch led monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 21, 2012 11:04:29 PM

Are there any 30 inch LED monitors currently in production. 2560 x 1600. I used to use Samsung 305Ts, but I had multifocal lenses implanted last year and the flickering of the fluorescents is very tiring. I switched to 27 inch apple cinemas, but i miss the loss of screen area.

More about : inch led monitor

Best solution

a b C Monitor
July 21, 2012 11:58:44 PM

There are two monitors with that resolution and RGB LED backlights, if you can afford them and handle the extra-wide color gamut: the Samsung XL30 and the LaCie 730
If you just want W-LED backlight, search on eBay for "2560x1600 led monitor" (without the quotes), and there's the Yamakasi Leonidas and an Achieva Shimian, if you're willing to deal with having them shipped from South Korea.
July 22, 2012 12:47:37 AM

MauveCloud said:
There are two monitors with that resolution and RGB LED backlights, if you can afford them and handle the extra-wide color gamut: the Samsung XL30 and the LaCie 730
If you just want W-LED backlight, search on eBay for "2560x1600 led monitor" (without the quotes), and there's the Yamakasi Leonidas and an Achieva Shimian, if you're willing to deal with having them shipped from South Korea.

Thanks,
The Samsung website says the LX39 is no longer available. I will check out the others.
Related resources
July 29, 2012 11:27:05 PM

I read one review of the LaCie 730 and it said $5,000, which was too rich for me, so I didn't pursue it any further. After much checking I found the Achieva Shimian was also CCFL.
That left the Yamakasi Leonidas which I ordered, US $678.90 and free shipping, July 25th. It is coming via DHL and has now departed the Cincinnati hub, so I might get it tomorrow.
August 24, 2012 4:25:17 PM

Best answer selected by Len Jones 49.
October 17, 2012 7:44:47 PM

what do you think of the Yamakasi?
November 2, 2012 10:08:56 AM

N8_TheGreat said:
what do you think of the Yamakasi?

Excellent. I've have had the monitor since the end of July and there have been no problems with it. There were no dead pixels, however it is slow to warm up compared to other monitors and it lacks the bells and whistles found on most monitors. To nit-pick the on/off LED is distracting and the promised manual wasn't available. Also the power cable supplied is a strange Korean thing, but is easily swapped for a standard North American one.

I plan to get another two monitors in this taxation year and I'm currently watching the prices dropping due to another two suppliers selling this machine. Life continues to improve.
November 2, 2012 5:38:40 PM

Len Jones 49 said:
Excellent. I've have had the monitor since the end of July and there have been no problems with it. There were no dead pixels, however it is slow to warm up compared to other monitors and it lacks the bells and whistles found on most monitors. To nit-pick the on/off LED is distracting and the promised manual wasn't available. Also the power cable supplied is a strange Korean thing, but is easily swapped for a standard North American one.

I plan to get another two monitors in this taxation year and I'm currently watching the prices dropping due to another two suppliers selling this machine. Life continues to improve.

Thanks, I will very possibly be geting one nearer to chritmas, but I'm also hopeful of price drops! If you get the Tri Yamakasi setup, please send some pics, I would love to see the glory or three 30" LCDs. Are you thinking eyefinity?
!