+5/+5 Hand ax "of the King"?!

I have *never* seen the suffix "of the King" used on anything, randart
or not... Unfortunetly, the character who found the +5/+5 hand ax of
the king no longer lives (Goddamned Orc Priest smited me TWICE in a
row, with the first removing 40 of my 50-something HP... Dirty
bastard...) And i was wondering, what the hell does "of the king" do?

I've looked through the weapon-brand spoilers... nothing.
Artifact spoilers... nothing.

Im begining to get the feeling i'll never know. :(
2 answers Last reply
More about hand king
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    In article <6f06b1ee.0407260201.6f9f2d13@posting.google.com>,
    Mechanoid <necromancer_90@hotmail.com> wrote:
    // I have *never* seen the suffix "of the King" used on anything, randart
    // or not... Unfortunetly, the character who found the +5/+5 hand ax of
    // the king no longer lives (Goddamned Orc Priest smited me TWICE in a
    // row, with the first removing 40 of my 50-something HP... Dirty
    // bastard...) And i was wondering, what the hell does "of the king" do?
    //
    // I've looked through the weapon-brand spoilers... nothing.
    // Artifact spoilers... nothing.

    Well since it's a randart (there are almost 400 different possible
    defined names in addition to randomly created ones... the list is
    in randart.cc), it's not surprising that you can't find a spoiler on it.

    // I'm begining to get the feeling i'll never know. :(

    Well, you'd have to use the same compiler and hack a piece of code that
    generates every seed (there are only 16777216 of then) on a +5,+5 hand
    axe, and toss out any of those that doesn't get the "of the King" name.
    That will at least give you all the things it could have been (but not
    which one specifically since you'll probably have more than one).

    It probably didn't do much, as those pluses would reduce the chances of
    it gaining several things (and if it did get something, that would
    increase the chance of something negative being added). If you really
    did care, you should have looked at the item immediately once you had
    identified it as an artefact or at least looked at the morgue file...
    if it did anything exciting at all, it would have been listed.

    Brent Ross
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Mechanoid wrote:
    > I have *never* seen the suffix "of the King" used on anything, randart
    > or not... Unfortunetly, the character who found the +5/+5 hand ax of
    > the king no longer lives (Goddamned Orc Priest smited me TWICE in a
    > row, with the first removing 40 of my 50-something HP... Dirty
    > bastard...) And i was wondering, what the hell does "of the king" do?

    "of the King" like "of Disharmony","of the Inferno","of the Omega
    Point","of Inflation",... is just its name. Since there are ~400 randart
    names in the game they aren't in any spoiler, and since you can't map
    from the name to the powers (both are random) they don't have to be anyway.

    Short answer: 'v'iew it and see what its powers are. And don't confuse
    it with the fixart "armour of the Dragon King".

    Lars

King Games Hewlett Packard Video Games