[crawl] several questions

Hiho Several questions so far:

after having played this game a long time (and finding it perfect except:
didnt found a create food spell (laugh, old u7 player)) anyway. im eating my
way through all the dungeons...

where can i find the 3 runes whose are needed to enter the realm of zot ?

Miscellaneous
k - a silver horn
N - a stone of earth elementals

what does this opbjects do ?

--
www.tshq.de ---- German Ressource for Tholian Strategies

"Andreas Huck" <blaaaaaaaa@t-online.de> wrote:
>Hiho Several questions so far:
>
>after having played this game a long time (and finding it perfect except:
>didnt found a create food spell (laugh, old u7 player)) anyway. im eating my
>way through all the dungeons...
>
>where can i find the 3 runes whose are needed to enter the realm of zot ?

In the nastiest side dungeons, and in the provinces of Hell.

>Miscellaneous
> k - a silver horn
> N - a stone of earth elementals
>
>what does this opbjects do ?

The silver horn unlocks the gates of the provinces of Hell.

m.

Andreas Huck <blaaaaaaaa@t-online.de> growled:

> after having played this game a long time (and finding it perfect
> except: didnt found a create food spell (laugh, old u7 player))

No shaking food out of cows, either. <g>

> anyway. im eating my way through all the dungeons...

Ah, yes. Do you prefer pureed, fried, frozen, sliced or some other
food? (As in clubs, fire magic, ice magic, blades,...)

> where can i find the 3 runes whose are needed to enter the realm
> of zot ?

There are plenty of different runes, found normally on the bottom
level of a branch. The most common set is decaying, serpentine and
silver rune, I think, but you can use any three to enter Zot.

If the dungeon was a directory structure, you could find them like:

Main Dungeon\Ecumenical Temple: <no rune>

Main Dungeon\Orcish Mines: <no rune>
Main Dungeon\Orcish Mines\Elven Halls: <no rune>

Main Dungeon\Lair\Swamp: decaying rune
Main Dungeon\Lair\Slime Pits: slimey rune (not in every game)
Main Dungeon\Lair\Snake Pit: serpentine rune

Main Dungeon\Vaults: silver rune
Main Dungeon\Vaults\Crypt: <no rune>
Main Dungeon\Vaults\Crypt\Tomb: golden rune

Main Dungeon\Hell\Cocytus: icy rune
Main Dungeon\Hell\Tartarus: bone rune
Main Dungeon\Hell\Gehenna: firy(?) rune
Main Dungeon\Hell\Dis: <some other> rune

Main Dungeon\Pandemonium: <various> runes ■

Main Dungeon\Abyss: abyssal runes(?) [+]

Anywhere\Labyrinth: <no rune>

■ The order of the levels in Pandemonium is random, some of them
have a specific rune.

[+] Not sure whether there is more than one abyssal rune.

I hope that's less confusing than the diagram I tried to draw. :)

I don't know what they're all called because I haven't seen them all
yet. (I'd like the holes filled in by someone who knows the rest.)

> Miscellaneous
> k - a silver horn
> N - a stone of earth elementals

> what does this opbjects do ?

The horn opens the gates in the Vestibule of Hell, so you can
descend down the branches of Hell.

The stone can turn a square of rock into an earth elemental, just
like the spell of Summon Elemental does to a rock wall. (The stone
doesn't get used up.)

--
Tina the Poisoner - a High Priest of the Religiously Nice Garlic