Configuring MN-500

I can't seem to get the Wizard to configure my MN-500.
I've uninstalled Norton Internet Security but it still
stops and says it can't configure. Uninstalling a
firewall is the only suggestion for this that I've found,
but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Any
ideas? Thanks.

I've seen it suggested to try browsering to
http://192.168.2.1 That didn't help. I've also seen it
suggested that it might be a UPnP issue. Perhaps someone
could give more information on that possibility and how
to deal with it. Thanks.

joker

What do you mean browsing to http://192.168.2.1 didn't help?

MrFab wrote:

> I've seen it suggested to try browsering to
> http://192.168.2.1 That didn't help. I've also seen it
> suggested that it might be a UPnP issue. Perhaps someone
> could give more information on that possibility and how
> to deal with it. Thanks.

assistance.

time.

MrFab wrote:
> I've seen it suggested to try browsering to
> http://192.168.2.1 That didn't help. I've also seen it
> suggested that it might be a UPnP issue. Perhaps someone
> could give more information on that possibility and how
> to deal with it. Thanks.

Setting browser to 192 etc is not a fix. It is a tool. Its just a more
secure way of checking your settings. I was on the phone ll morn with a
tech from MS. We did everything. Cut machines off/on. Rset to factory
settings. I had even formatted HD and reinstalled Winxp.Wee verified
that I had firmware right(It was).We even connectedwith ad hoc
connection.Finallyy they relented and offered me a new Basestation. The
techie was stumped and sat there complimenting me on my knowledge blah
blah,THEN I turned everything off. Reset to factory settings. Took a
nap. Turned everything back on.....now it works again(for the umpteenth
time)There is no rhyme of reason.It worked great for a yr and a
half.Then I moved two streets over. It still worked until one night when
I saw a strange computer on my MSBN utility.My theory is/was that since
I wasnt using any security settings, no WEP, somehow neighbor(whoever he
is) panicked and changed my settings when he did his. He was able to get
into my sys by using...192.168.2.1,,then he reset to factory..and gave
it a new password and/or WEP security which I wasnt using.(Ive never
been able to successfully set it up)So unless he has his stuff turned
off...Im screwed. MS says its impossible..Any opinions out there??
walt