Computer in sleep mode and wont wake up!!!!

adedes

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
hi i pressed sleep button on keyboard by mistake and now im getting nothing apart from normal sound from tower i/e fans running etc,i am unable to do anything seeings how my keyboard mouse and monitor are all non responsive,,,,does anyone no away around this please,my computer a custom build mother boards an ASUS P8Z68-V LX if thats of any help...i read a post where i may have to reset the cmos on motherboard by pressing a reset button which i have not been able to locate yet or removing the battery from motherboard for 5 secs as you can see i havent got a clue when comes to computers so dont want to start reset or removing battery as i dont no if thats the only option i have seeings how im getting nothing and am unable to enter bios ...thanks for any advice..

RealBeast

Titan
Just hold the power button down for 4 or 5 seconds and it should shut down, if not just unplug. When it restarts run Windows normally, and reconsider using sleep -- you can control pretty much everything through power management control panel settings.

Peter Koppa

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
I have exactly the same problem as you and it's really annoying. And my computer sometimes wakes up randomly so it does this fail so sometimes it's doing this for hours because I'm not here. I have a Gigabyte motherboard.

EJ8

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
Try this:
1. Unplug PC
2. Unplug video cable from video card
3. Remove video card from motherboard
4. Wait 30 seconds or until the light on the back of the power unit goes off
5. Plug everything back in.

i-7885

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015

Just press the reset button on your case. It should work just fine. After that it will load your PC as normal, the only difference in the boot up is that you are automatically signed into windows and everything that was on there before sleep mode will be there again. It's happened to me before. Do just that, open up a new tab on your browser and put it to sleep. Once it looks like your PC is "off" just hit the reset button and it will boot up . The web browser tab will be there once you're in your OS. So really no work is lost.. You might want to take a look at this NCIX video to determine what setting is right for you. Sleep, Hibernate, or Off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDKw6Apxrg