Wireless router MN-700 and AOL for Broadband 9.0

Last response: in Networking
October 20, 2004 10:08:36 PM

I recently purchased a MN-700 wireless router and PCI
access card to allow multiple simultaneous logins for my
two desktop computers. Wireless network working fine but
I cannot access the internet via my client computer.
Apparently AOL for Broadband does not support my
Microsoft router. Has anyone successfully done a
multiple simultaneous login on AOL for Braodband 9.0 with
a MN-700 router driven network? Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 12:53:06 AM

Check with AOL for their list of routers/base stations which work with their
non-proprietary TCP/IP stack. I've heard they have a list on their web site
somewhere. AOL uses their "own" system, which only a few base stations can
use.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"LS0158" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a MN-700 wireless router and PCI
> access card to allow multiple simultaneous logins for my
> two desktop computers. Wireless network working fine but
> I cannot access the internet via my client computer.
> Apparently AOL for Broadband does not support my
> Microsoft router. Has anyone successfully done a
> multiple simultaneous login on AOL for Braodband 9.0 with
> a MN-700 router driven network? Any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance

October 21, 2004 1:20:11 AM

Pigs will grow wings & learn how to fly before that will ever work. You
have two choices return the hardware or better yet change to a ISP
instead of AOL.

LS0158 wrote:

> I recently purchased a MN-700 wireless router and PCI
> access card to allow multiple simultaneous logins for my
> two desktop computers. Wireless network working fine but
> I cannot access the internet via my client computer.
> Apparently AOL for Broadband does not support my
> Microsoft router. Has anyone successfully done a
> multiple simultaneous login on AOL for Braodband 9.0 with
> a MN-700 router driven network? Any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance

assistance.

time.