Sign in with
Your question

Pri master hard disk smart status bad backup and replace press f1 to resume

Last response: in Windows 7
January 8, 2013 10:43:54 AM

This is my problem pls solve me.This my mother broad ecs g31t-m7 at first display message pri master hard disk smart status bad backup and replace press f1 to resume.
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 10:50:40 AM

If u r hear any grrrr or scratch sound in hdd.are do u have one of these problems :hanging many times,many files corrupted,files disappear,or (A old bomb virus affected u r system can cause these like problems) unknown file automatically created with lenthy name and big file size above partition(ex:if partition is 60gb a file with 70gb size in 60gb partition).
if any of the problems u r facing in hdd no way to cure that if it has warenty contact manufacturer for replace.if no warenty throw it away dont use that because the virus affect inserted pendrives and all devices to malfunction.
no antivirus should find it and win xp sp2 is instalable in that hdd.
Otherwise dont care about these problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 10:57:05 AM

Hi :) 

If you have a smart failure message, your hard drive is toast....

You will need a NEW HARD DRIVE and everything reloading...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2013 11:24:36 AM

Hi,

I wouldn't call it a toast but this is an early warning about a possibility that hard drive will fail soon. Backup any important information you have or you may loose it soon. It's ok to carry on using your PC until hard drive fails. Just bear in mind when that happens PC will not turn on and it may be impossible to extract your documents from it.

good luck
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 4:07:22 PM

Hi :) 

Toast means toast lol, its only HOW LONG it will survive is the question...

When my customers ask me how long a crashed hard drive will last, my answer is always the same.... maybe 6 weeks, maybe 6 MINUTES...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!