[Crawl] Steam and other vapours...

I'm in the Swamp and zapped a wand of flame at some fleeing monsters
(green 'J' and red wasps), and now there's a rosy cloud of flame
above some shallow water, and next to it is a green cloud of poison
gases (not from any monster) also above shallow water. I just
thought this is rather a neat change from all the usual steam, but I
hadn't seen (or noticed) it before...

The question is, why haven't I seen this before, and what actually
causes this instead of common steam. The Swamp itself? (Would be
even neater.)

--
Tina the Shield-Bearer - a Believer of the Repressing National Goldfish

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:16:00 GMT+1, Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall)
wrote:

>The question is, why haven't I seen this before, and what actually
>causes this instead of common steam. The Swamp itself? (Would be
>even neater.)

That would make sense. Igniting marsh gas effects.

Richard Daniel Henry
danhenry@inreach.com

In article <MSGID_2=3A240=2F2199.13=40fidonet_271b10e5@fidonet.org>,
Tina Hall <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote:
// I'm in the Swamp and zapped a wand of flame at some fleeing monsters
// (green 'J' and red wasps), and now there's a rosy cloud of flame
// above some shallow water, and next to it is a green cloud of poison
// gases (not from any monster) also above shallow water. I just
// thought this is rather a neat change from all the usual steam, but I
// hadn't seen (or noticed) it before...

You probably mistyped and used that wand of polymorph you mention
in your other port.

Brent Ross

R. Dan Henry <danhenry@inreach.com> screeched:
> Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) wrote:

>> The question is, why haven't I seen this before, and what
>> actually causes this instead of common steam. The Swamp itself?
>> (Would be even neater.)

> That would make sense. Igniting marsh gas effects.

That's what I thought, too. When I find another wand of flame I'll

Tina the Trapper - an Elder of the Reluctantly Negotiating Growl