Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Massacre in Norway ... Terrorist Attack.

Last response: in News & Leisure
Related resources
July 23, 2011 8:11:17 AM

lol I was checking the comments in Yahoo(before it was confirmed that a Christian extremist did it) and most people were saying it was from the Muslims(TBH,I thought the same,but I wasn't sure) It's interesting to see people judging too early.
Anyway,I really feel sorry for them,Norway is a beautiful and peaceful country
July 23, 2011 12:07:46 PM

If you believe in a single God, then all who do generally also believe we are all His children
Syngling out a country, a color, a certain way to live etc doesnt fit the makeup of humanity, and it shouldnt blind anyone as to who God is.
I generally rail against governments who try and rule us, and this is a microcosm at its worse.
This guy wont get past his Maker
July 23, 2011 12:23:00 PM

I just heard maximum jail time is 21 years in Norway, unless they make an indefinite charge, which can be extended
July 23, 2011 1:00:01 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
If you believe in a single God, then all who do generally also believe we are all His children
Syngling out a country, a color, a certain way to live etc doesnt fit the makeup of humanity, and it shouldnt blind anyone as to who God is.
I generally rail against governments who try and rule us, and this is a microcosm at its worse.
This guy wont get past his Maker

Definitely.
Couldn't say it better
July 23, 2011 1:29:34 PM

This god guy is the problem.

All religious extremists (of any persuasion) should have their activities resticted ... no gun licenses for a start.

See ... guns and religion again ??

Starting to see a common thread here??
July 23, 2011 1:54:45 PM

Yea,just like Mao, Hitler, Stalin etc
July 24, 2011 8:04:42 AM

No suicide attempt by the guy who did that?!!
Braver than the others. But sick.

Marx (or Engels, who can tell?) said that religion is opium to the people.
He didn't talk about a potential OD.

("Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.")
July 24, 2011 8:12:43 AM

I have a felling gamer, and anyways will get here and start a religious flame war over here.
July 24, 2011 10:07:51 AM

Reynod said:

It isn't clear about the link between the shootings and the bombing yet ... other than he had a farm ... access to fertilisers.

He'd been planning it for years, the bombing was a distraction to draw the police away from his real target... just how f&%ked up do you have to be to plan that for so long.
July 24, 2011 1:34:44 PM

OK, straying OT somewhat simply to address some of this.
From the bible:
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

So, in denying such actions, acknowledging them ahead of time, but recognizing them, it is well known some will do terrible things in His name.
Its when we climb atop the throne , all we can do from there is go down, as it isnt our place to be
Anyone thinking that thats OK, to judge, or to be the judge, are wrong, according to Gods own words.
To do such things, and to claim such things means yes, this man is terribly messed up
And, it isnt surprising IMHO
July 24, 2011 2:17:51 PM

He is as gutless as the Hoddle St guy ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoddle_Street_massacre

He whined like a pussy when the Police zeroed in on him ... put down his SKS and pleaded for them not to kill him.

The cops should have double tapped the lot of them.
July 24, 2011 2:49:19 PM

He has so much hate
I found some of his hate here on the net
I wont give the link, as its full of hate, but nonetheless, he was much like Hitler
July 24, 2011 3:00:42 PM

Thanks for the PM JD.

Links to this idiot's hate manifesto will not be permitted on this site.
July 25, 2011 1:26:00 PM

Something is a bit funny about the extremist Christian link. He only set up the Christian extremist Facebook page on July 17, just days before the massacre. There is nothing else so far that backs up that claim. He does however look to be another Hitler with ties to other NAZI websites. He also looks to have some of the same views as the Unabomber.

"Religious views: According to the BBC, Breivik has a Facebook and Twitter account that he set up a mere few days ago on July 17, where he identifies himself as a Christian and a conservative. There are several reports of his anti-Muslim views. In a post in Norwegian in an online forum on December 2009, a user named Anders Behring Breivik claims there is not one country where Muslims have peacefully lived with non-Muslims, stating that instead it has had “catastrophic consequences” for non-Muslims.

Political views: The Daily Mail reports that National police chief Sveinung Sponheim told public broadcaster NRK that the suspected gunman’s internet postings “suggest that he has some political traits directed toward the right, and anti-Muslim views, but if that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen.” Furthermore, the Norwegian daily Verdens Gang quoted a friend as saying Breivik became a rightwing extremist in his late 20s."

"The Daily Mail opens its profile on Breivik with some information that would seem to shake up any simple explanation of who he is or what he believed:

The man responsible for the massacre in Norway was a member of a Swedish nazi forum which encourages attacks on government buildings.

It was also revealed by local police that he had extreme right wing views who hated Muslims.

According to Swedish website Expo Anders Behring Breivik is a member of ‘Nordisk’ which has 22,000 members and focuses on political terrorism.

[His Facebook profile] also listed interests such as body-building and freemasonry."

July 25, 2011 2:34:47 PM

So we need to round up all of the extreme right wing Christian bodybuilders who like freemasonry and are anti-Muslim and who live with their mum and are gun nuts.

I'll crunch the numbers ... there must be at least 20 of them.

Wait ... did he like the movie "The Deerhunter" ... there might be a lot more than 20 ... gulp.

July 25, 2011 4:00:24 PM

Well at least he is still alive and can answer for his crimes.

Ill give it to him that he didnt just off himself after the massacre.
July 25, 2011 7:48:40 PM

He doesnt want to have to face God
July 25, 2011 8:17:08 PM

^ That would be bad...
July 26, 2011 12:29:38 AM

Thi9ng is, he wasnt a Christian
Not at all
It was a rumor, and all the big shot editors made him a Christian
They hate Christains, thats a fact, and thus the lying implications
It doesnt fit their agenda
They espouse tolerance, but they hate Christians, much like this creep hated Muslims
July 26, 2011 12:35:13 AM

NPR, national public radio, funded mainly by taxation, fired Juan Williams for this:

Yesterday NPR fired me for telling the truth. The truth is that I worry when I am getting on an airplane and see people dressed in garb that identifies them first and foremost as Muslims.

This is not a bigoted statement. It is a statement of my feelings, my fears after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 by radical Muslims. In a debate with Bill O’Reilly I revealed my fears to set up the case for not making rash judgments about people of any faith. I pointed out that the Atlanta Olympic bomber -- as well as Timothy McVeigh and the people who protest against gay rights at military funerals -- are Christians but we journalists don’t identify them by their religion.

And I made it clear that all Americans have to be careful not to let fears lead to the violation of anyone’s constitutional rights, be it to build a mosque, carry the Koran or drive a New York cab without the fear of having your throat slashed. Bill and I argued after I said he has to take care in the way he talks about the 9/11 attacks so as not to provoke bigotry.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/10/21/juan-williams...

Now, these same people go out and make lying claims for thweir own agenda, theres the proof

The most shamefull and hurtful thing after this tragedy is they used something this horrible to propel their agenda
July 26, 2011 12:58:13 PM

Glenn Beck shows his insanity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018930/Glenn-B...

Quote:
Controversial talk show host Glenn Beck has sparked outrage by comparing the 68 young victims of the horrific shooting on the Norwegian island of Utoya to the Hitler Youth.

Speaking on his radio programme yesterday, he said the teenagers attending the Labour youth camp on the idyllic island were like the Nazi leader's infamous young followers, and branded any kind of political trip for youngsters as 'disturbing'.

Yet the Tea Party darling is the man behind the 9/12 Project, an organisation which runs politically-minded camps for young people across the U.S.

Described as 'a new low' by a former press secretary to Norway's prime minister, the comments come just days after 76 people died in Oslo and Utoya in a double attack by far-right extremist Anders Breivik.

Beck said: 'As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing.

July 26, 2011 6:05:21 PM

@ mingo

Disturbing because it is completely out of context, and of course totally draws the wrong conclusion about what they were speaking about.

Why not try going to the source rather than have someone else tell you what someone else beyond them said and then try to tell you what they meant by the original comments?

That whole conversation took up a complete segment in his show, around 19-20 minutes. You can hardly cover 20 minutes of conversation with a few sentences of commentary that is completely off the mark.

Note the complete lack of any quotes from Beck's actual show in the article. Pretty irresponsible for the Telegraph to even print that as "news".
July 26, 2011 7:18:50 PM

Again, another attack, when will it end?
When the truth arrives
July 27, 2011 12:23:23 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
@ mingo

Disturbing because it is completely out of context, and of course totally draws the wrong conclusion about what they were speaking about.

Why not try going to the source rather than have someone else tell you what someone else beyond them said and then try to tell you what they meant by the original comments?

That whole conversation took up a complete segment in his show, around 19-20 minutes. You can hardly cover 20 minutes of conversation with a few sentences of commentary that is completely off the mark.

Note the complete lack of any quotes from Beck's actual show in the article. Pretty irresponsible for the Telegraph to even print that as "news".

I dont watch Faux News and I would never watch Glenn Beck but Ill run any news links through you before I post them. You can never tell what is liberal propaganda these days. But your right Im perfectly sure that when you post the transcript or a link to the show that calling victims of a terrorist attack Nazi Youth will make tons of sense.

Sorry for offending your Demi God Beck.
July 27, 2011 12:33:45 PM

wanamingo said:
I dont watch Faux News and I would never watch Glenn Beck but Ill run any news links through you before I post them. You can never tell what is liberal propaganda these days. But your right Im perfectly sure that when you post the transcript or a link to the show that calling victims of a terrorist attack Nazi Youth will make tons of sense.

Sorry for offending your Demi God Beck.

It would be helpful, and you would be vastly more informed to discuss these things if you listened to the original source rather than what someone else tells you to think about the original source.

You can listen for freee here mingo. The comments are in the 2nd hour.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/show/2011-07-25/
July 27, 2011 12:34:04 PM

Gee oldmangamerterrorist I hope you don't think the rest of us are bad?

Why don't you hang around and help us counter the "Beck" infection ??

I personally don't like Beck's divisive speeches either ...

Rather than attacking the person you should attack their points / comments / ideas ... we don't tolerate personal attacks.
July 27, 2011 7:58:07 PM

Yep thread runs well for 5 posts then turns into a politics shite throwing contest. And in the end no one wins we just all end up covered in poop.
Im beginning to lose hope for Toms. I find myself raging most of the time.
July 27, 2011 8:22:16 PM

I'd like to think that we can agree that those who seek to impose the consequences of their religious beliefs on others, by force if necessary, are a menace to civilization.
Religious zealots of any ilk are bad news. And no, I do not characterize myself as an atheist, just one who can tell "Personal" "Belief" from "Common" "Knowledge."
July 27, 2011 8:28:01 PM

I just find it interesting the media takes weeks to finally call the Ft. Hood shooter a Muslim extremist, but have this guy pegged as a Chrisitian extremist in less than 24 hours.

We get platitudes like "we can't jump to conclusions before we get all the facts" and the like.

Some here can't seem to debate ideas without personally attacking the other person. This tells me you have no argument, and your position is indefensible. Mental midgets these folks are.
July 27, 2011 8:29:45 PM

^I agree. I thought a certain person's personal attack on you was the sort of thing that might earn a vacation from the forum.
July 27, 2011 8:33:26 PM

There. I made his insults go away, but can't make him go away.
July 27, 2011 9:04:27 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
There. I made his insults go away, but can't make him go away.

I can.
July 27, 2011 9:16:36 PM

All you have to do to be heard is quit personally attacking and insulting me and other Tom's forums whores.

Debate ideas and issues, not whether I am a "waste of skin" as you put it.

If Ryan sees your posts he is going to bring the ban hammer down.
July 27, 2011 9:20:37 PM

reynod bans you for posting spam as well. Be warned. Pick a different tactic to convey your ideas.
July 27, 2011 9:24:44 PM

1) He called himself a Christian.
2) He saw himself as a warrior of Christ, a knights Templar.
3) He was fighting to keep Europe mono-culturally christian.

AS FOR BECK....HIS 912 MOVEMENT HAS INDOCTRINATION YOUTH CAMPS ACROSS AMERICA.

I WILL REPORT THE CENSORING OF THIS COMMENT EVERY TIME IT IS REMOVED...EVENTUALLY ONE OF YOU GUYS IS GOING TO GET HELL FOR IT.
July 27, 2011 9:27:16 PM

HATETRAILERPARKS said:
1) He called himself a Christian.
2) He saw himself as a warrior of Christ, a knights Templar.
3) He was fighting to keep Europe mono-culturally christian.

AS FOR BECK....HIS 912 MOVEMENT HAS INDOCTRINATION YOUTH CAMPS ACROSS AMERICA.

I WILL REPORT THE CENSORING OF THIS COMMENT EVERY TIME IT IS REMOVED...EVENTUALLY ONE OF YOU GUYS IS GOING TO GET HELL FOR IT.

Go for it, but your insults will not be tolerated by me or any other mod.
July 27, 2011 9:27:36 PM

@the mean guy

See? Look there. You made a post without attacking anyone here personally. Well done!

Carry on.
July 27, 2011 9:30:40 PM

WITH ALL THE RACISM AND INSULTS YOU SPEW...YOU SHOULD GET CENSORED AS WELL.
July 27, 2011 9:34:19 PM

CANT COUNTER MY POINTS OLD MAN? THOUGHT SO...BTW...I WILL BE SEEING YOU IN PERSON...I PROMISED YOU THAT...NEXT TIME...I WILL CENSOR YOU...FROM...
July 27, 2011 9:35:10 PM

COUNT ON IT...I HUNT DOWN RACISTS AND FASCISTS
July 27, 2011 9:37:07 PM

HATETRAILERPARKS said:
CANT COUNTER MY POINTS OLD MAN? THOUGHT SO...BTW...I WILL BE SEEING YOU IN PERSON...I PROMISED YOU THAT...NEXT TIME...I WILL CENSOR YOU...FROM...

Quote:
RULES OF CONDUCT

User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/terms.html

Goodbye.
July 27, 2011 9:48:08 PM

HATETRAILERPARKS said:
WITH ALL THE RACISM AND INSULTS YOU SPEW...YOU SHOULD GET CENSORED AS WELL.

According to the forum rules you have the right to compile every specific grievance you can find and submit them to the moderators for review. If they agree with you then I am gone or punished or whatever.

I'm more interested in you adding to the discussion here rather than having some sort of irrational hatred towards myself, Beck, or anyone else here that may or may not agree with me.

You will not be censored as long as you abide, within reason of course, the forum rules.

Just to remind you, if you personally threaten someone with bodily harm on these forums it is insta-ban. Do it again, and the authorities get involved.

Layout your ideas and back them up. Pretend your debating in some university lounge, smoking a pipe, and looking like your mustache smells like a turd.

Then, let someone counter. Address things point by point.

Judging by your "debate" so far i would venture to guess debate,along with civics, went out the window in our(the US) public schools a long time ago.

Do we lose our patience some time? Of course. We all do. Just be reasonable. Please?
July 28, 2011 7:41:02 PM

I'm sorry, the debate was lost in your personal insults.

What was it again? Was this guy a psychopathic killer or not?

I can't remember.
!