[SOLVED] MBP Sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Does anyone have this problem with the 2011 MBP lines that after you put it to sleep about 20 minutes and when you lift the lid the screen remains black and the keyboard is bright and after about 5 minutes it goes on again.They say this a problem with the new 2011 models.thanksM

Solution
You can check your logs in Finder... >>>Library > Logs and then look in the CrashReporter and DiagnosticReports files for the logs... good luck.

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
nope. Nothing so far, it might be the problem with having a ton of apps or a game on before closing the lid that is causing the lag. It might be the brightness settings you put it on before you closed down the lid and it also might be that you have to type a password before it wakes from sleep and the password used failed three times or more causing a need to wait before you can try typing in a password again. I dunno why but thts all i know :eek:

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks but so far this is not doing it any longer.Maybe because it is new it has to break in. My brightness is at 2 position.I only have one app at a time.I called Apple and they said this is not a problem with the 2011 models. Will see.

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
0.o maybe it was some random glitch.

oh and imo you don't need to keep it to only one app open at a time. i have more than one and nothing happens, i have an old Macbook so yours should perform better even with more

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This weird it happens on the site apple insider only nothing else.The keyboard is very bright and the arrow freezes a few seconds and than it works again.

JustSomeJoe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Various log files can be found in /var/log, they can either be viewed from the command line, by changing Spotlight to show all files, or (the easiest way) by installing one of the log file viewers from the app store.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks for this information.

JustSomeJoe

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Goto Applications -> Utilities Open a Terminal and type "cd /var/log" without the "" then press enter, that will take you to where the system log files are stored, "ls" followed by enter will list them all on screen, "cat system.log" will list the contents of the system.log file to the terminal, you can then use the mouse to stretch the window (for easier viewing) and use the (mouse) scroll to look through the log messages.

No these are just basic unix commands. Do not put "" around commands unless you are trying to make a string. If you dont know what a string is... read up on unix commands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.