[GearHead] Item in water

My latest Atomic War Club quest has hit a snag: the AWC is in a pond.
Is there any way to get a character on foot to go wading? Or a way to
move an object other than picking it up?

Richard Daniel Henry
danhenry@inreach.com

R. Dan Henry wrote:
> My latest Atomic War Club quest has hit a snag: the AWC is in a pond.
> Is there any way to get a character on foot to go wading?

The only way I can think of is to abuse a bug: have a flying pet stand
over the water square and then displace it, leving the pet over solid
ground and you over the water, repeat. For a better solution you might
hack up the equipment file to create a body armour with hover jets.

> Or a way to
> move an object other than picking it up?

Only by changing the savefile :-(. I had the same problem with the fire
shrine below Manua.

Lars

Lars Kecke <kecke@physik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote in message news:<4117466B.5090200@physik.uni-freiburg.de>...
> R. Dan Henry wrote:
> > My latest Atomic War Club quest has hit a snag: the AWC is in a pond.
> > Is there any way to get a character on foot to go wading?
>
> The only way I can think of is to abuse a bug: have a flying pet stand
> over the water square and then displace it, leving the pet over solid
> ground and you over the water, repeat. For a better solution you might
> hack up the equipment file to create a body armour with hover jets.

Currently there's no way to get it out; I've added this to the known
bugs list and will try to fix it by the next release. You can go back
to the person who gave you the quest and tell them you can't get the
club.

> > Or a way to
> > move an object other than picking it up?
>
> Only by changing the savefile :-(. I had the same problem with the fire
> shrine below Manua.

The fire shrine moves around randomly every twelve hours, so it can
never be stuck perminantly.

- Joseph Hewitt
--
DeadCold > http://www.geocities.com/pyrrho12/programming/deadcold/index.html
GearHead > http://www.geocities.com/pyrrho12/programming/gearhead/index.html

Joseph Hewitt wrote:

[AWC in lake]

> Currently there's no way to get it out; I've added this to the known
> bugs list and will try to fix it by the next release. You can go back
> to the person who gave you the quest and tell them you can't get the
> club.

Oh, where do you keep that bugs list? You should make a link on your
page so you won't be bothered with the same old bugs again and again.

[fire shrine behind lake]

> The fire shrine moves around randomly every twelve hours, so it can
> never be stuck perminantly.

Great, I didn't know that.

Lars

Lars Kecke <kecke@physik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote in message news:<4118EF14.6000802@physik.uni-freiburg.de>...
> Joseph Hewitt wrote:
>

> [AWC in lake]
>
> > Currently there's no way to get it out; I've added this to the known
> > bugs list and will try to fix it by the next release. You can go back
> > to the person who gave you the quest and tell them you can't get the
> > club.
>
> Oh, where do you keep that bugs list? You should make a link on your
> page so you won't be bothered with the same old bugs again and again.

It's included in the distribution, under "doc/Known Bugs.txt".
Incidentally, I've changed things so that items should no longer be
generated underwater. I hope to release v0.843 later tonight.

- Joseph Hewitt