Wifi adapter is not recognized

meistre

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I bought 2 WIFI adapters DWA 125 D LINK

I put it in a USB port, tried all, and it simply appears "windows couldnt install the device driver"

In "device manager", I can see "11n adapter" with an exclamation point next to it. Like error.

Does not matter wich one I use, both of them does not work. The windows 7 does 3 fast tons, not the "tadan!" when you conect something that works.

I tried both adapters on my pc and on the notebook I'm using now. I cant install the driver on both, because the driver software needs the device to be recognized in order to proceed!

Both adapters WORK at another notebook, wich needs it to get wifi.

Can some one help me?

Try a different USB port. If that does not work, refer the issue to D Link tech support.

I have four Linksys 'N' wireless (AE1000) adapters and three Linksys 'G' wireless (WUSB 100) adapters - all installed and working well. Usually it is a straight forward installation.

meistre

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

D link has an awful support center. You have to fill too many information and when they put you in chat with someone, the employee just says "theres nothin to be done, since it works in another computer"

I'm getting really frustrated and I'm considering formating my pc to see if it works...

What is the OS of the computer that the adapter works in? And the OS for the one it does not work in?

We can and will solve this one!

meistre

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

My computer is a Win 7 64bits, the notebook that does not work is a a win 7 starter 32bits. The notebook that works is a win 7 32bits (not at home right now, cant remember).

But what I do think is: the OS is not influecing, there is some problem with configuration of the USB, or a windows update, or a USB port driver, or even somethin in the BIOS (I use a p8h67 m pro).

I belive this forum can help me, as it had help many b4 me. We all have many computer knowledge togheter.

So, I'm thinking about going to asus site and downloading usb drivers, or even trying to enter security mode, I just dont know wich key to press to do it!