Multi Monitor Multi Computer hardware help needed

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 25, 2012 7:37:04 PM

So I am looking to do a multi computer, multi monitor, single everything else setup. I am running into problems finding out specs of the hardware to set this up.

I have two computers, 1 Linux Desktop, and one Laptop that in an ideal world would be connected through a docking station. I am looking to tie these together with a KVM switch that will output to three monitors. I cannot find if the BELKIn or TRENDnet KVM switches support a display that is spliced to three different monitors using 2, 1 to 2 monitor VGA splitters.

Once I get this step figured out I want to be able to use my wireless keyboard and mouse combo to control the two different computers. I know the Belkin KVM switch says it does not support wireless connection.

After getting the keyboard and mouse configured, I would like to run a slew of USB related devices and share them between the two computers. For example I would love to be able to share an external hard drive, webcam, and USB printer between them.

So in the end I am looking to see if anyone has knowledge on how to have a setup like this. The wireless keyboard and mouse can be just a pipe dream, but I actually need the system to do the rest.

TL;DR
Looking for a way to run two computers, three monitors, audio, and multiple USB Devices from a single keyboard and mouse. Any suggestions or know-how on how to do this would be appreciated. Basically need help with knowing what hardware would be the best solution to this problem.

More about : multi monitor multi computer hardware needed

!