[crawl] Finding the temple

Hi,
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to find the temple? I've tried
marking all up stairs with a rock/dart and wandered all around. Does magic
map provide the entire level and stairs? I've started using Darshan's
patches in the hope, but I still haven't found the temple in any game.
Okay, the first couple of games don't count because I was using a demigod.
I've now switched to human wizards. I can usually keep one alive (assuming
I make it to exp level 3 or so). Right now i've got two games going one
with a level 9 (main dungeon only) and one with a level 11 (main + orcish
mines and level 1 of the elven halls). Bouncing up and down the stairs is
great!
Thanks,
Cecil

The temple is located somewhere on DL:4 to DL:7.
I've always found the Temple...

If you are having real trouble, use a scroll of Magic Mapping on those levels.

-Dalton