2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15-18 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want? N/A
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? not important as it will be plugged in most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I want to use it for Gaming. It needs to be able to handle new games like fallout new Vegas or crysis 2.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500g at least
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least a few years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The G72 is a good laptop for gaming. I have one & I play everything on high settings. The only drawback is that it isn't a quad core (for games requiring a quad) and no DX11. If you can scrape up the extra $500 then the G73 would be a better choice.