Intel vs AMD

G

I'm pretty new to the CPU discussion scene, but I've read some articles like the rest of you. I have come to the conclusion that I've heard this discussion before somewhere else.

The argument is that one is so much better than the other that why would you waste your time with the other. Well in fact there is no easy answer, since what constitutes better?

Did those extra FPS you paid for make you a better Quake player, probably not, in fact I think I fragged you several times myself.

Did your excel spreadsheet calculate those numbers so fast you impressed your boss that you got a pay raise or got to go home early? Yeah right!

Well here's where I've seen it before... Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. You've seen the little guy in the back window peeing on the competitors logo. Dodge is so much better than ford, Ford is so much better than chevy, Well if that as the case why don't we hear news Headlines like "3 trucks collided, Ford Driver lives to tell about it, Chevy gets another statistic, Dodge Driver ran from scene". When it comes down to it, it means one thing and one thing only... Ford, Chevy, and Dogde make very similar products, so one is probably not that much better than the other.

Here's another one you won't hear: "Jessie Jackson today headed to washington to discuss why schools in impoverished minority communities are only getting cheaper AMD processors in their computers and White America schools are getting Intel. Jackson was quoted as saying "this is another way we are being oppressed."
Like the auto industry, phrases like "the numbers speak for themselves" really have lost their meaning. Numbers can be so skewed to make you believe they are more important than they are. Marketing calls using these numbers in charts (Gee-whiz)

Frankly, I will buy an AMD, due to price, not which is better. Do I believe these benchmarks? maybe but how do they relate to me, I don't play the demos, I run the damn game.

For now I will have to settle fraggin you all with my p2 300 and Monster II card, but I have noticed that since you have all those FPS, you do die smoother.

Sponge
P.S.

Personally, I'd like to see the AMD and intel version of the guy peeing on the logo.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heh, funny thing is I have a mimaki vinyl cutter here. Ill find a graphic artist with a little free time and have those "piss on AMD" logo's in no time =)

Thanks for the great idea!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That is a good idea I am going to make a guy peeing on INTEL INSIDE sign! HAHAAHHAHAHAHAH

and I'm going to put it on the windshield of my Cobra so everyone can see it

-----------------
Satan Clara...... 'Nuff said.