Sign in with
Your question

PC or Mac?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 27, 2010 11:47:09 AM

Hi, I would like to buy a new notebook and my budget is about 500 dollars. I do not care about gaming performance or how it looks. I just want a good performing office machine at a reasonable price. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

More about : mac

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2010 11:53:07 AM

If you don't care how it looks -- either the hardware or the tasteless deco Windows operating system -- it has to be a PC. You'll get more bang for your buck every time compared to Apple.
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2010 6:22:50 PM

julius 85 said:
Hi, I would like to buy a new notebook and my budget is about 500 dollars. I do not care about gaming performance or how it looks. I just want a good performing office machine at a reasonable price. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

You should check out the Toshiba Satellite C650. It is under $500 and is great for basic productivity tasks and even has ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 4250. It also has a nice sized screen (15.6") and an optical drive.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Related resources
December 28, 2010 9:21:25 AM

Yeah, it is pretty nice. Should be enough for my needs too. I might consider it after doing some more research. Thanks.
December 28, 2010 2:40:10 PM

PC. You get some pretty decent stuff on newegg, or you can get a slightly better deal at the brick and mortar stores (best buy and CompUSA) so long as you're willing to doge their efforts to sell you extra "service".
a b D Laptop
December 28, 2010 6:27:24 PM

julius 85 said:
Yeah, it is pretty nice. Should be enough for my needs too. I might consider it after doing some more research. Thanks.

Glad to help! The HP G62t is another great option! It has a 15.6" high-definition display, 4 GB of RAM, and 320 GB of hard drive space.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
December 28, 2010 6:39:24 PM

You can't buy a MAC for $500 dollars, anyway.
a b D Laptop
December 29, 2010 3:11:06 AM

stingstang said:
You can't buy a MAC for $500 dollars, anyway.

I know eh? This whole thread was answered with the original post! :sol: 
!