Test for an unlocked TBird?

G

I've had my proessor in for a while and now want to see if I could put it to 133*7.5 compared to my current 100*9.5

Is there anyway that I could check to see if the multiplier is unlocked without removing the CPU? I think there were stickers over L1-L4 anyway.

<b><font color=red>Facts speek for themselfs</b></font color=red>

G

please help me?

<b><font color=red>Facts speek for themselfs</b></font color=red>

G

Your T-Bird is almost certainly not unlocked, unless it is an early demo version, which are distributed to reviewers working in magazines, etc.

~ I'm not AMD biased, I just think their chips are better ~

G

Check surface of the chip (side which faces the cooler) if the L1 bridges look like :::: then the CPU is locked. If they look like |||| then the CPU is unlocked. This does not require removing the chip from the motherboard, but it does require removing the cooler.

If you up your base clock to 133, your AGP goes to 82 mHz and the PCI to 41 mHz. This could cause other issues. Beware.

on another of your posts, you mentioned living in Oz where you get heat waves. Maybe that's my problem with my Tbird running at 46 C. I live in Texas and the weather is about the same. I did visit Oz back in '97 and I really enjoyed it. Kinda like Texas with palm trees.

Regards,
Thomas

There's no justice, there's just us.