Wireless MN-820 and bittorent

keith

good day all, I use bittorent but ever since I installed
my wireless network my bittorents are said to
be "firewalled" I've added the ports 6881-6889 to the
port forwarding in the management tool but that did not
help, is there something else I need to do?

thanks
Keith

joker

Did you do persistent port forwarding or application triggered?

Which BitTorrent Client are you using?

Which version of the BitTorrent client are you using?

Keith wrote:
> good day all, I use bittorent but ever since I installed
> my wireless network my bittorents are said to
> be "firewalled" I've added the ports 6881-6889 to the
> port forwarding in the management tool but that did not
> help, is there something else I need to do?
>
> thanks
> Keith

assistance.

time.

keith

I did application triggered, I'm using (BitTornado)
version t-0.3.7

thanks for any help !!

Keith

you directly for
>assistance.
>
>If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
>If it's not worth posting you should have done a search
on
>http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?
hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>.

joker

That is the problem you need to do persistent port forwarding.

I'm not sure what ports that client uses though.

Keith wrote:

> I did application triggered, I'm using (BitTornado)
> version t-0.3.7
>
> thanks for any help !!
>
> Keith

assistance.

time.

You choose to forward whatever ports you have specified in the Bittornado
client.

Better yet, don't use the port forwarding, and let UPnP automatically
forward the ports (assuming the OP is using Windows XP).

If you are using Windows XP, make sure you've allowed the exception for the
UPNP Framework.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -