Sign in with
Your question

Please Recommend a Good Laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
January 8, 2013 6:50:43 PM

i'm trying to buy a laptop thats affordable and that plays the best games. i need one that fulfills the following criteria:

- 15.6 inch display

- backlit keyboard

- ssd

- fast bootup

- gaming proof

hope u guys can recommend a laptop for my needs.

More about : recommend good laptop

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 6:56:04 PM

I cannot recommend one (not a gamer), but it would help if you tell where on the Mother Earth you are.
January 8, 2013 7:43:36 PM

Alabalcho said:
I cannot recommend one (not a gamer), but it would help if you tell where on the Mother Earth you are.

why is that important? no homo..
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 8:01:28 PM

Budget?

Affordable means different things to different people and when you add in gaming and an SSD you're looking £1000+
January 8, 2013 9:51:20 PM

pauls3743 said:
Budget?

Affordable means different things to different people and when you add in gaming and an SSD you're looking £1000+

well im looking at laptops with ssd and backlit kb on ebay.
January 8, 2013 10:00:47 PM

The most affordable option would be to purchase a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and that comes with a standard hard drive. Make sure that it is an easy upgrade to an SSD and re install Windows fresh. You will not find a affordable system that offers an SSD standard. They are not mainstream enough yet. I purchased a system from best buy with the new AMD A10-4600M CPU that plays World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 on medium settings and offers a great battery life while not playing games for under $600. I then purchased an SSD for under $100 and more RAM for the system totally up to $750 for everything. I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.
January 9, 2013 4:49:20 AM

jkhoward said:
I purchased a system from best buy with the new AMD A10-4600M CPU that plays World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 on medium settings and offers a great battery life while not playing games for under $600. I then purchased an SSD for under $100 and more RAM for the system totally up to $750 for everything. I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.

thanks for the reply. so i imagine also that the ssd on ur system decreased bootup time a lot. and i'm sure it also increased battery life.

can u check out this link to this sony vaio E? i didnt see any dedicated graphics card according to the specs, i could be wrong.. but can u tell me what u think? is it good enough for gaming the best graphics intense games?

also, the batt life on it is 2.75, not good. if i buy an ssd for it, will the battery life go up? would u know by how much?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+VAIO+E+Series+15.5%2...
January 9, 2013 4:56:27 AM

koolx said:
why is that important? no homo..

So we know where to shop, for all we know you could be somewhere in India, or China, or Arabia, or simply America.
Thats why its important, Budget? How much can we spend on it?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 5:40:42 PM

koolx said:
can u check out this link to this sony vaio E?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+VAIO+E+Series+15.5%2...

Knoxx,

This Sony with integrated graphics is everything but gaming machine. Also, being a Sony, it is full of proprierary Sony stuff, which I would run worlds away from.

The reason we've asked for your location is so we can recommend a product available in your location. Even buying from EBay, it will be close to impossible to ship a laptop across country borders and oceans.
!