Sign in with
Your question

Free acer computer support

Last response: in Windows 7
January 8, 2013 6:53:40 PM

Hello,
i have an acer aspire 5532. one of my nieces or nephews (not sure which) messed around with the administrator password and locked me out of the computer. I can not log into the owners account only the guest account. With the limited access, I cannot download anything as far as programs or applications or updates. How do i change the administrator or recover it without having to pay 100.00 out of pocket?
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 8:51:39 PM

We can't help you with forgotten passwords, I'm afraid. You will have to perform a factory recovery which will give you a fresh Windows installation. You will still have your data because you backed it up -- you did back it up didn't you?
m
l
January 18, 2013 11:22:27 PM

How do you do a factory recovery? There is nothing on the computer that I have to worry about as far as data. It has been sitting idle for a long time. But I would love to reset it and start from scratch so i can use it for a new job. Can you give me any instructions as to how to reboot the system into factory default like i would my android phone? Where it goes back to the day I bought the computer...?

m
l
!