Sign in with
Your question

AMD CPU Operating Temp

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
February 21, 2001 12:07:35 PM

I have an AMD T-Bird 1000 running on an Asus A7V Motherboard. When I check my CPU temperature under the bios it gives me a CPU temperature of between 50 & 60 degrees celcius. Does this seem a little hot to anyone?? Just to give more info I am running a full tower case with a case fan in front and the processor is a retail box 1000 attached to the fan and heat sync that were provided with the processor which should be ample considering I did not overclocking of the chip. Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I know all the fan's are running because I had the case open while the computer was running.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by deltat on 02/21/01 09:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : amd cpu operating temp

February 21, 2001 12:37:26 PM

Yes, this is warm. I would suggest getting a Global Win fop 32-1 with some arctic silver paste. I am running a T-Bird 900 and I am consistantly between 40-44o C. I don't have my arctic silver on yet. Got to get it cool man!
a b à CPUs
February 21, 2001 2:56:36 PM

You might also want to take a look at the Thermaltake Volcano II, it seems promissing, but I haven't found any review yet.
!