Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Installed 7 on a toshiba m45-s395 driver problems!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 8, 2013 8:46:46 PM

I installed win 7 32bit over win xp on a older toshiba laptop. Installation went fine until I tried installing the drivers from toshiba's website for THAT model. They won't install and have errors. Is that because they are for win xp? Which drivers will work for this laptop now running win 7?

I did the same thing to a hp pavillion with xp and it works fine with the old drivers and win 7.
January 8, 2013 9:05:01 PM

I'm getting an error when trying to install the video driver( it has the basic vga on now) It says, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."
m
l
January 8, 2013 10:12:22 PM

Found out its the intel gma 900. Need the correct driver for it. Would xp work or do I need one for 7? Come on need help!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 8, 2013 10:55:11 PM

Hum an Intel Gma 900 integrated graphics chipset, far as I know no driver was ever made for windows 7 bit a 32bit driver or a 64bit driver because its so old. There are drivers that are made to run with windows xp, Im not sure even if you intend to try to install xp driver
to windows 7 it will work. Before you go to intall it though, right click on the exe install icon.
click on properties, click on the compatibility tab, tick, the run in compatibility mode option select the os the driver runs with, click apply and ok then run the exe file to install the driver.
m
l
January 9, 2013 1:04:53 AM

thanks I'll try that. Also I adjusted the resolution which now looks like its correct. Only aero effects won't work because of the driver I have. The basic gma driver. Is there a driver that will be better for the chip I have? I'll try anything
m
l
January 9, 2013 1:07:07 AM

IMPORTANT: In the device manager, the driver under the display adapters tab says: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. So it isn't the gma 900. That's why aero and other things are not working. I need a better driver please someone send one my way!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 1:13:07 AM

nonaddictedgamer said:
IMPORTANT: In the device manager, the driver under the display adapters tab says: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. So it isn't the gma 900. That's why aero and other things are not working. I need a better driver please someone send one my way!

First of all breathe.....you're getting my heart racing with so many posts so quickly. We are trying to help but can only type so fast.

I'm trying to pull up the system via Toshiba's website and am not finding it. What is the exact make/model of the laptop? Be sure to include Toshiba "Family Name" "Model #". Are you sure you didn't mean S359 instead?
m
l
January 9, 2013 1:16:20 AM

I had a really old system with GMA 900 graphics which ran Vista using the old XP drivers. It should theoretically work in Win7 too with a bit of force. There's no Aero support because it's a legacy driver, but you do get some GDI+ acceleration.

Here's the download link you want:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&...
m
l
January 9, 2013 1:31:59 AM

The model is A satellite M45-S359 Thanks for replying!
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 11:04:40 PM

There is actually a listing of all the drivers for the computer found HERE . Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this machine actually supports Windows Vista drivers either which would be a closer alternative to 7 than XP would.

Quote:

M45-S359 Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition, Intel Pentium® M Processor 760, 1024MB
DDR2 SDRAM, 100GB (5400RPM SATA), DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer), 15.4”
TruBrite™ widescreen WXGA, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, Intel®
PRO/Wireless 2200BG, CD control buttons, IEEE® 1394, 6-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter,
1 year limited warranty
PSM42U-017006 032017415188
M45-S3591 Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Intel Pentium® M Processor 760, 1024MB
DDR2 SDRAM, 100GB (5400RPM SATA), DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer), 15.4”
TruBrite™ widescreen WXGA, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, Intel®
PRO/Wireless 2200BG, CD control buttons, IEEE® 1394, 6-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter,

Looks like it is a Intel 900 video chipset but it may only be possible to do what aicom mentioned. You may have to go as far as forcing the driver onto the card using the .inf file and not the installer but I wouldn't expect a lot of stellar performance from the chipset with those drivers.
January 13, 2013 10:10:49 PM

I'm fine without aero at this point. For a free computer im happy.
m
l
January 13, 2013 10:11:16 PM

Best answer selected by nonaddictedgamer.
m
l
!