[Crawl] Try using Con as your username

det14us@yahoo.com (Cyberdave) wrote:
>Sorry, that name gives your OS a headache

CON is the name of an MS-DOS device (the console). Hence, you can't
create a file called CON on a Microsoft operating system.

Cyberdave wrote:
> Sorry, that name gives your OS a headache
>
> ???

Try saving a file named con.foo. You won't be able to do so, neither is
Crawl. Don't ask me why this is like this, though. Just noticed it,
after you brought it up.

det14us@yahoo.com wrote:
> Sorry, that name gives your OS a headache
>
> ???

HINT - try these too: NUL, LPT1, COM1, AUX, PRN

CON name is reserved for standard input/output device

regards,
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
xenocide.e-plan.pl - SF roguelike in development