Sign in with
Your question

How bad is Hannspree?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 30, 2012 3:14:06 PM

Specifically I was looking at getting this monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The selling points to me were that it has speakers, an led backlight, and is 23", and is on sale for $140.

I'm sure it'll work, I'm just worried that the color will be all off. Does anyone here know much about how Hannspree monitors are? Any firsthand experience? Any advice? I appreciate any responses!

More about : bad hannspree

July 30, 2012 7:04:16 PM

I have owned a tv of that brand for about 6 years before it died... good colours and I believe it had a 3 year warranty... would recommend for the price
m
l
a c 196 C Monitor
July 31, 2012 4:17:20 PM

I generally categorize Hannspree and HannsG (same company different divisions) as "scraping the bottom of the barrel".

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive monitor with at least average quality, then look at Asus' lineup of monitors.
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 1, 2012 3:53:07 AM

Meh, regardless of the company they're practically all made in contracted Chinese factories. Buying any PC related hardware these days is a crap shoot. They build a certain percentage of flawed mediocrity into their bottom lines and a certain number of returns is expected. I doubt a HannStar product is worse than any other in the same price range. That said, they market budget monitors and you get what you pay for.
m
l
!