ASUS PA248Q

bullwinkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone gotten this monitor yet? If yes, what do you think of it? How much back light bleed is there? I'm stuck between the U2412M and PA248Q as the next monitor to add to my collection.

jeffredo

Distinguished
I got one two weeks ago and returned it. Had moderated backlight bleeding on all four corners, but it wasn't too bad when I turned the brightness down. It did have an odd patch of IPS glow in the bottom right corner that was always present when I gamed - guess the panel was slightly warped. The thing that caused me to send it back was that the right third of the screen had a pinkish hue in white screens (websites). It may have been an uneven application of anti-glare coating, not sure.

The pluses were an excellent stand - wish all monitors had such a good one. Plus the image quality was pretty sharp and the colors were good. I may have gotten a somewhat bad one - been kicking around the idea of trying another. I am pretty damned picky - a lot of people probably would have been perfectly satisfied with it.

bullwinkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I had the chance today to go look at a U2412M and it was fantastic. No B&M store around me offers the PA248Q so I haven't had a chance to look at it. I think I might just go ahead and order the Dell then. It seems to have superior build quality but not all the extra features (which I don't need).