The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000022

tsi06

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
can't play black ops 2 on my pc. says "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) click to close application"

asrock z77 extreme4
i7 3770
16gb g.skill viper memory (4x4gb) ddr3-1600 cl9
ocz agility4 ssd 256gb sata3
seasonic m12ii-750 power suppply 750watts m-series

pls help..

PassMark

Distinguished
My guess is that a file required by Black ops can't be read from the disk.
Most likely a DLL that is loaded up by the main .exe when you launch the game.

The reason could be one of the following.
- Read permission is missing on the DLL file.
- The DLL file has been accidentally deleted (or failed to install)
- You are running an anti-virus program that has, rightly or wrongly, blocked access to the file due to a virus (or false positive).

If you are really serious about fixing it, then Dependency Walker from Microsoft might tell you which DLL is stuffed up.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

tsi06

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
oh, forgot, my graphics card is palit gts 450 sonic edition. bout a year or so since i bought it. i've already updated all the necessary software still i get same error.

kunder

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
remove the compatibility mode if selected and normally run the file. if it gives u an error regarding any dll files missing. just download the mentioned dl file and save it in the the folder the game is installed.

spectreprogaming52

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Ummm people? Wake up? I just found out.

Did you make sure you were running on the main account? It doesn't have to be any administrative account just the computer account you started off with.

If you run on steam (Non main account) Then it wont launch. If you run from file path:

Windows 7/8: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Windows Vista: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty: Black Ops II

And run t6zm, t6mp or t6sp it will say "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

But if you run from steam or the file path on the main account, it will work. If not then i have no idea.