[crawl] selective amnesia?

Ru

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

in the spell description of selective amnesia: "Casters will be able to
memorise this spell should even their minds be otherwise full of magic
(i.e., already possessing the maximum number of spells)."

how, exactly? i want to forget forescry (because it seems rubbish), and
i've got the book of practical magic, but when i "M" i get told i can't
memorise any spells right now..

help!

--
ru

In article <slrnckg40g.2nh0.ru@newred.gradwell.net>,
ru <ru@no.spam.please.net> wrote:

>in the spell description of selective amnesia: "Casters will be able to
>memorise this spell should even their minds be otherwise full of magic
>(i.e., already possessing the maximum number of spells)."
>
>how, exactly? i want to forget forescry (because it seems rubbish), and
>i've got the book of practical magic, but when i "M" i get told i can't
>memorise any spells right now..

This is a FAQ. The description text is misleading. You need to have 3
spell levels available to memorise Selective Amnesia, as with any other
spell. However, there is a hard-coded limit to the total number of
spells you can memorise (25-ish , I think): you can memorise Selective
Amnesia even if you already have 25 spells memorised.

--
Mark Mackey
The Association for the Advancement of Dungeon Crawling