[Crawl] YAVP: SEEE

While funny, the 'program bugs' got too worrying, so I grabbed my
stuff, cleared Zot, and left with some souveniers.

Thanks again to Mark for the excellend Pandemonium advice! (Without
that, I'd likely never have continued this character, as I didn't
know what to do with it.) I'd have liked to roam around a bit longer
(and actually get some usable Evocation skill for all the decks of
cards I had).

Wanted to properly explore Zot:5, too, but some daft golden dragon
kept sitting on a Zot trap, which made regenerating Mana too
tedious, so in the end I just blinked around into the last unseen
(just Magic Mapped) corners, then teleported out.

Started him as #1046, finished as #1059. Theoretically I should
finish the HOPr, now, but I've got a Plan for a different character
that wants a chance (this SEEE was tried with a Plan, too). Maybe
getting back to a more advanced character will be more fun after a
bunch of early deaths. :)

Oh, 'End Transformation' never worked for Blade Hands. Why not? (All
it did is a message about feeling slightly more normal or something
along that line.)

Best Crawlers -
1. 2585059 Searar the Hellbinder (level 27, 200/200 HPs)
Began as a Sludge Elf Earth Elementalist on Mar 31, 2004.
Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 9 runes (of 7 types) on Sept 19, 2004!
The game lasted 2 days, 16:19:47 (809566 turns).

Re: someone suggesting to default the final title to the original
class - I'm against it. I worked hard to get the final title from
Summoning (instead of Earth or Conjuration, which followed closely
in that order without me doing anything for it), and I like to be
able to influence that. If anyone wants the title matching their
role, they can stick closer to the appropriate skill. :p

It seems you can't charge a wand of healing higher than '9', not
that I needed them (or hasting and teleport). Only used one on a
sick abomination twice. (The poor thing kept wanting to run into
some deserted area to die peacefully, and I felt sorry for it. Well,
actually I wanted to proceed onto the next level of Pandemonium, and
don't like leaving friends behind, even killed/attacked some instead
at other times. Sort of mercy for the wounded rather than abandoning
them in hostile territory. Not that they looked particularly
grateful. Hey, this is better than not wanting to kill deer for food
in 'Ultima 7, The Black Gate'. <g>)

From the dump:

m - 3 demonic runes of Zot (30000 gold)
x - a dark rune of Zot (10000 gold)
y - a fiery rune of Zot (10000 gold)
D - a golden rune of Zot (10000 gold)
G - a silver rune of Zot (10000 gold)
N - a serpentine rune of Zot (10000 gold)
X - a decaying rune of Zot (10000 gold)

Only used the 3 demonic runes to get into Zot, had the others
stashed on an upstairs on D:1, along with the cards and that sword
from some demon. Forgot Geryon's horn, though.

Accidentally acquired the Enchantments skill (well, I found a nifty
horned helmet of intelligence, and learned and cast See Invisible
for a while, forgetting about it needing Enchantments skill), so I
didn't even manage to stay strict to only those magic skills I'd
planned.

What's the best way to train Evocations effectively? I zap all sorts
of lesser wands at empty air, or evoke some item for levitation,
with some Exp. to burn, but which of those - or what else - is best?

I managed to get 14 different positive mutations (not counting their
levels, took several eternities to fill them up, but I got annoyed
with some monsters adding bad ones, so I sought to leave no room for
them). Can you have more than that? What if I'd found a potion of
gain dexterity? (Had +Str and +Int from Alter Self, and another
point of the latter from a potion I found in Zot.)

After the problem I had with this character after I saved the game
while in a Labyrinth, it's "No more Labyrinths for me!", not before
I can be sure that the stairs don't just vanish between saving and
restoring.

From the Vanquished Creatures list:

339 tentacled monstrosities (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:7 D:13 Vault:8)
1014 large abominations (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:6 Vault:7 D:13)
474 earth elementals (D:12 D:13 Lair:3 Lair:4 Lair:7)

My friends mostly. :)

Boris (D:21)
Margery (Crypt:3)
Adolf (Swamp:1)
Xtahua (Tomb:2)
Norris (Zot:3)
Rupert (Snake:2)
Wayne (Swamp:3)
Frances (Swamp:1)
Francis (Elf:5)
Agnes (Snake:1)
Louise (Vault:8)
Maud (Snake:1)
Jozef (Elf:6)
Erica (D:15)
Josephine (Snake:1)
Harold (D:16)
Snorg (D:15)
Erolcha (D:13)
Joseph (D:16)
Urug (Elf:1)
Michael (D:13)
Psyche (Elf:1)
Edmund (D:7)
Blork the orc (D:7)
Terence (D:3)

The ghost of Tentos the Brawler, a powerful Tr Fi (Swamp:1)
The ghost of Horase the Spear-Bearer, an experienced DS CK (Pan)

I'd like more of them!

5 giant spores (D:11 Slime:6 Abyss D:6)

Could it be that they're not listed when they don't explode? I'm
pretty sure I shot more than that, and they just ceased to exist.

13275 creatures vanquished.

Looks like a decent number. :)

--
Tina the Sky Mage - the Favourite Plaything of the Retarded Notable Gesture

Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) wrote:

> While funny, the 'program bugs' got too worrying, so I grabbed my
> stuff, cleared Zot, and left with some souveniers.

I wouldn't have been too alarmed by it. Crawl seems naturally
crash-resistant. Even when it does, your save file is usually safe.

> Oh, 'End Transformation' never worked for Blade Hands. Why not?

Seems to work for me.

> 5 giant spores (D:11 Slime:6 Abyss D:6)

> Could it be that they're not listed when they don't explode? I'm
> pretty sure I shot more than that, and they just ceased to exist.

They won't be listed when they explode.

> 13275 creatures vanquished.

> Looks like a decent number. :)

That's one blood-soaked sludge elf you have there. Congrats on the
win!

Darshan

Darshan Shaligram <darshans@aztec.soft.net> barked:
> Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) wrote:

>> While funny, the 'program bugs' got too worrying, so I grabbed
>> my stuff, cleared Zot, and left with some souveniers.

> I wouldn't have been too alarmed by it. Crawl seems naturally
> crash-resistant. Even when it does, your save file is usually
> safe.

The save file, maybe, but what if that itself is knackered, or
something wouldn't get created anymore because of some bug? (Think
the stairs from the Labyrinth that had disappeared after restoring.
What if the game suddenly thought it no longer liked any gates out
of the Abyss, for example? Or it didn't like the Orb of Zot, or any
necessary level? Anything could happen...)

>> Oh, 'End Transformation' never worked for Blade Hands. Why not?

> Seems to work for me.

I tried several times, and just got that message. What was I doing
wrong?

>> 5 giant spores (D:11 Slime:6 Abyss D:6)

>> Could it be that they're not listed when they don't explode? I'm
>> pretty sure I shot more than that, and they just ceased to
>> exist.

> They won't be listed when they explode.

Ah. Still think I shot more than 5, I seem to remember 3 after the
break in playing (so after Slime:6), but I suppose that could be two
in the Abyss and one on D:6.

>> 13275 creatures vanquished.

>> Looks like a decent number. :)

> That's one blood-soaked sludge elf you have there.

He likes it that way. Such a nice fetching colour (it's a _sludge_
elf, after all), and it makes neat crunchy noises while moving when
it's dried. ;)

What I'm interested in is the amount that'd turn up in Marks VPs,
though, if he used your patch. The way he sweeps through all those
branches, I bet it'd be rather impressive. :)

> Congrats on the win!

Thanks. :)

--
Tina the Cruncher - the Champion of the Ruminant Numeric Grumbler

"Tina Hall" <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote in message

Congrats.

> Best Crawlers -
> 1. 2585059 Searar the Hellbinder (level 27, 200/200 HPs)
> Began as a Sludge Elf Earth Elementalist on Mar 31, 2004.
> Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
> Escaped with the Orb
> ... and 9 runes (of 7 types) on Sept 19, 2004!
> The game lasted 2 days, 16:19:47 (809566 turns).

I had to delete my scorefile, so I can't really be sure how mine compare, but --
wow. That there's a long game.

> Re: someone suggesting to default the final title to the original
> class - I'm against it. I worked hard to get the final title from
> Summoning (instead of Earth or Conjuration, which followed closely
> in that order without me doing anything for it), and I like to be
> able to influence that. If anyone wants the title matching their
> role, they can stick closer to the appropriate skill. :p

How do you change what title you're getting?

I'd agree that it doesn't seem right to change, except it looks almost
impossible to get Spellcasting or Fighting to 27 before something else.

> What's the best way to train Evocations effectively? I zap all sorts
> of lesser wands at empty air, or evoke some item for levitation,
> with some Exp. to burn, but which of those - or what else - is best?

Evoking something for levitation works, but uses food. Just make sure not to
pick up any spell skills before your first scroll of acquirement, and wish for a
staff. You'll almost definitely get a rod.

Once I've got a rod of warding, I make a macro to cast Deflect Missiles
(something along the lines of 'wGEdEdEdEdwa', where a is my primary weapon and G
is the rod. And no, there's no reason why my rod of warding is G, except habit)
and keep it on all the time. That usually ensures that most of my experience
will go into Evocations. Or use a rod of destruction as your primary weapon --
I think the Inaccuracy/Bolt of Cold/Bolt of Fire one is the only that's really
feasible for that, though. The rest have either wimpier spells or single-target
only things.

Until you get one of those, shoot the wall with one of them. Also, don't pick
up any spell skills until you've got all the rods you want (Warding, inaccuracy
and cold rods of destruction, and maybe of discovery are the ones I want).

> I managed to get 14 different positive mutations (not counting their
> levels, took several eternities to fill them up, but I got annoyed
> with some monsters adding bad ones, so I sought to leave no room for
> them). Can you have more than that? What if I'd found a potion of
> gain dexterity? (Had +Str and +Int from Alter Self, and another
> point of the latter from a potion I found in Zot.)

If you can mutate at all, it's a very small chance. But a monster with a
mutation attack could still cause you to lose one.

> After the problem I had with this character after I saved the game
> while in a Labyrinth, it's "No more Labyrinths for me!", not before
> I can be sure that the stairs don't just vanish between saving and
> restoring.
>
> From the Vanquished Creatures list:
>
> 339 tentacled monstrosities (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:7 D:13 Vault:8)
> 1014 large abominations (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:6 Vault:7 D:13)
> 474 earth elementals (D:12 D:13 Lair:3 Lair:4 Lair:7)
>
> My friends mostly. :)

Yowza. You got some ugly friends. Why so many earth elementals? They're
pretty wimpy, aren't they?

--
Jeremey

Jeremey Wilson <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> shouted:
> "Tina Hall" <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote

> Congrats.

Thanks. :)

>> Best Crawlers -
>> 1. 2585059 Searar the Hellbinder (level 27, 200/200 HPs)
>> Began as a Sludge Elf Earth Elementalist on Mar 31,
>> 2004. Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
>> Escaped with the Orb
>> ... and 9 runes (of 7 types) on Sept 19, 2004!
>> The game lasted 2 days, 16:19:47 (809566 turns).

> I had to delete my scorefile, so I can't really be sure how mine
> compare,

I don't much care for the score itself, it doesn't really say
anything about the difficulty, after all. This one and the DESu (#7
by now) were pretty much the easiest, the NaNe and HaTh that had a
truly hard life are on place 8 and 4 respectively.

> but -- wow. That there's a long game.

:) Sitting around casting Alter Self until you're happy with the
result takes time... (I've seen some nifty mutations come and go.)

Why did you have to delete your scorefile?

>> Re: someone suggesting to default the final title to the
>> original class - I'm against it. I worked hard to get the final
>> title from Summoning (instead of Earth or Conjuration, which
>> followed closely in that order without me doing anything for
>> it), and I like to be able to influence that. If anyone wants
>> the title matching their role, they can stick closer to the
>> appropriate skill. :p

> How do you change what title you're getting?

Title is determined by your max skill, the one that reaches the
highest number first. So getting Summoning:27 first, I ended up as a
Hellbinder. If Earth or Conjuration had caught up (which they would
have if I'd not specifically cast Summning spells to keep it ahead,
from around Summoning:20 on), it'd have been Petrodigitator
(whatever that is) or Annihilator, respectively.

(The Unarmed Combat title is also influenced by whether you have
more Str or more Dex.)

> I'd agree that it doesn't seem right to change, except it looks
> almost impossible to get Spellcasting or Fighting to 27 before
> something else.

Turn other skills off early enough, and you're on the way there. Two
examples from my dumps (title, class and three highest skills):

Shadeyra the Sorcerer (Deep Elf)
(Level 25 Summoner)
+ Level 23 Spellcasting
- Level 16 Conjurations
- Level 21 Summonings

Dreya the Sorcerer (Demonspawn)
(Level 27 Fire Elementalist)
+ Level 25 Spellcasting
- Level 19 Conjurations
- Level 18 Fire Magic

Continuing that way they'd have gotten the highest title from
Spellcasting, too.

Though the reason for wanting much Spellcasting skill in these cases
was getting more spellpoints. I wasn't thinking of titles, afair.

>> What's the best way to train Evocations effectively? I zap all
>> sorts of lesser wands at empty air, or evoke some item for
>> levitation, with some Exp. to burn, but which of those - or what
>> else - is best?

> Evoking something for levitation works, but uses food. Just make
> sure not to pick up any spell skills before your first scroll of
> acquirement, and wish for a staff. You'll almost definitely get
> a rod.

That's the mistake my HOPr did, learning some spells, but he found
nice rods, anyway. :) (He's got two rods of destruction, Ice and
Fire spells.)

I was not thinking about rods, though (not every character needs
them), but just getting a decent Evocation skill, for cards. If the
best way is to drag an otherwise useless rod around just to cast its
spells at empty air, then I suppose that's what I'll have to do next
time. (Is there a difference in quality of Exp->Skill between a rod
of smiting and the various different level spells in rods?)

> Once I've got a rod of warding, I make a macro to cast Deflect
> Missiles (something along the lines of 'wGEdEdEdEdwa', where a is
> my primary weapon and G is the rod. And no, there's no reason
> why my rod of warding is G, except habit)

I've got some odd habits for letters, too. 'G' is scrolls of
teleportation, and 'a' free for any junk picked up and dropped again
(weapons on 'a' and 'b' doesn't fit my style at all, the permanent
stuff should be listed after the temporary junk, I'd like a
different order of categories, too).

> Or use a rod of destruction as your primary weapon -- I think the
> Inaccuracy/Bolt of Cold/Bolt of Fire one is the only that's really
> feasible for that, though. The rest have either wimpier spells or
> single-target only things.

I don't understand this single-target thing.

>> Can you have more than [14 mutations]? What if I'd found a potion
>> of gain dexterity? (Had +Str and +Int from Alter Self, and
>> another point of the latter from a potion I found in Zot.)

> If you can mutate at all, it's a very small chance. But a
> monster with a mutation attack could still cause you to lose one.

I vaguely remember some monster actually removing a bad one in some
game. :)

>> From the Vanquished Creatures list:
>>
>> 339 tentacled monstrosities (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:7 D:13
>> Vault:8) 1014 large abominations (Vault:4 Vault:5 Vault:6
>> Vault:7 D:13) 474 earth elementals (D:12 D:13 Lair:3 Lair:4
>> Lair:7)
>>
>> My friends mostly. :)

> Yowza. You got some ugly friends.

:) They aren't called 'Horrible Things' for nothing. <g> (And my
Sludge Elf felt in right good company. Think how embarrased a dainty
Grey Elf would look. ;) )

> Why so many earth elementals? They're pretty wimpy, aren't they?

To train Summoning, and it's also neat for digging, especially out
of the Tomb of Doroklohe.

--
Tina the Tainter - the Favourite Plaything of the Russian Noble Grumbler

> Jeremey Wilson <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> shouted:
> > "Tina Hall" <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote

> Why did you have to delete your scorefile?

Crawl would crash every time I died, without giving writing to the scorefile. I
think I wasn't getting a morgue text, either, but that might be wrong. Anyway,
I fiddled for awhile and deleting the scorefile fixed it. I don't know if it
got corrupted, or what. I guess I could've held onto the file just for records,
or whatever, but I'm not that interested. I'm running the patched version under
Windows. Is this a known bug? Anybody have a similar problem?

> >> Re: someone suggesting to default the final title to the
> >> original class - I'm against it. I worked hard to get the final
> >> title from Summoning (instead of Earth or Conjuration, which
> >> followed closely in that order without me doing anything for
> >> it), and I like to be able to influence that. If anyone wants
> >> the title matching their role, they can stick closer to the
> >> appropriate skill. :p
>
> > How do you change what title you're getting?
>
> Title is determined by your max skill, the one that reaches the
> highest number first. So getting Summoning:27 first, I ended up as a
> Hellbinder. If Earth or Conjuration had caught up (which they would
> have if I'd not specifically cast Summning spells to keep it ahead,
> from around Summoning:20 on), it'd have been Petrodigitator
> (whatever that is) or Annihilator, respectively.

Ah. "Default the title to the original class" I thought maybe meant you could
select what skill was giving you your title somehow.

> Continuing that way they'd have gotten the highest title from
> Spellcasting, too.
>
> Though the reason for wanting much Spellcasting skill in these cases
> was getting more spellpoints. I wasn't thinking of titles, afair.

I've been trying to get a Fighting title. Seems like the only way to do it is
keep changing weapons late, and I still have trouble keeping it ahead of
everything else.

> That's the mistake my HOPr did, learning some spells, but he found
> nice rods, anyway. :) (He's got two rods of destruction, Ice and
> Fire spells.)
>
> I was not thinking about rods, though (not every character needs
> them), but just getting a decent Evocation skill, for cards. If the
> best way is to drag an otherwise useless rod around just to cast its
> spells at empty air, then I suppose that's what I'll have to do next
> time. (Is there a difference in quality of Exp->Skill between a rod
> of smiting and the various different level spells in rods?)

I don't think so.

Unless you're going to be a Nemelexite, I don't think it's probably worth
training evocations just to use cards, though. IIRC, except for the stat gain
and loss cards in the decks of wonder, the only benefit to having a high
Evocations is a lower chance of drawing a blank card. If you've got a bunch of
decks of wonder, it makes sense to max your Evocations (which helps lessen the
effect the stat loss cards -- the stat gain cards aren't affected by Evocations
over 21, I think).

> > Once I've got a rod of warding, I make a macro to cast Deflect
> > Missiles (something along the lines of 'wGEdEdEdEdwa', where a is
> > my primary weapon and G is the rod. And no, there's no reason
> > why my rod of warding is G, except habit)
>
> I've got some odd habits for letters, too. 'G' is scrolls of
> teleportation, and 'a' free for any junk picked up and dropped again
> (weapons on 'a' and 'b' doesn't fit my style at all, the permanent
> stuff should be listed after the temporary junk, I'd like a
> different order of categories, too).

I played unpatched for a long time, so my primary weapon is always 'a'. 'b' is
for a portable altar, when applicable. 'e' is a rod of destruction, biggest
stack of food is 's', amulet of gourmand is A and the amulet I'm wearing when
I'm not eating is B -- I use a lot of macros. Favorite ammunition is t. I
think that's it. My spell list is very weird, though

> > Or use a rod of destruction as your primary weapon -- I think the
> > Inaccuracy/Bolt of Cold/Bolt of Fire one is the only that's really
> > feasible for that, though. The rest have either wimpier spells or
> > single-target only things.
>
> I don't understand this single-target thing.

Bolts of iron or frost or whatever are hard to make your main attack, because
you can only kill one thing at a time. I guess there are other spells from rods
that hit multiple targets -- lightning bolt, magma, and fireball -- but they're
wimpy.

--
Jeremey

"Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Tina Hall" <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote in message
[...]
>> Why did you have to delete your scorefile?

> Crawl would crash every time I died, without giving writing to the
> scorefile. I think I wasn't getting a morgue text, either, but
> that might be wrong. Anyway, I fiddled for awhile and deleting the
> scorefile fixed it. I don't know if it got corrupted, or
> what. I guess I could've held onto the file just for records, or
> whatever, but I'm not that interested. I'm running the patched
> version under Windows. Is this a known bug?

Not known to me, it isn't. :)

> Anybody have a similar problem?

I'd like to know, too.

Darshan

Jeremey Wilson <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> barked:
> "Tina Hall" <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote
>> Jeremey Wilson <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> shouted:

>> Why did you have to delete your scorefile?

> Crawl would crash every time I died, without giving writing to
> the scorefile. [...] I'm running the patched version under
> Windows. Is this a known bug? Anybody have a similar problem?

I play with the patched DOS version, and haven't had that problem...

>>> How do you change what title you're getting?
>>
>> Title is determined by your max skill, the one that reaches the
>> highest number first. So getting Summoning:27 first, I ended up
>> as a Hellbinder. If Earth or Conjuration had caught up (which
>> they would have if I'd not specifically cast Summning spells to
>> keep it ahead, from around Summoning:20 on), it'd have been
>> Petrodigitator (whatever that is) or Annihilator, respectively.

> Ah. "Default the title to the original class" I thought maybe
> meant you could select what skill was giving you your title
> somehow.

You can, as described above.

> I've been trying to get a Fighting title. Seems like the only
> way to do it is keep changing weapons late, and I still have
> trouble keeping it ahead of everything else.

Hmmm... Strange. My HDGl had 25 Fighting and 27 Axes, but only
because he turned off Axes late, afair (besides, I like the 'Axe
Maniac' title).

Have you actually tried to turn off the weapon skill early in the
game?

>> I was not thinking about rods, though (not every character needs
>> them), but just getting a decent Evocation skill, for cards.

[...]

> Unless you're going to be a Nemelexite, I don't think it's
> probably worth training evocations just to use cards, though.

Well, I obviously see it differently, or I'd not have asked. I'd
have liked to use my 4 decks of Power and my 2 decks of Wonder.

>> I've got some odd habits for letters, too. 'G' is scrolls of
>> teleportation, and 'a' free for any junk picked up and dropped
>> again (weapons on 'a' and 'b' doesn't fit my style at all, the
>> permanent stuff should be listed after the temporary junk, I'd
>> like a different order of categories, too).

> I played unpatched for a long time, so my primary weapon is
> always 'a'.

I didn't even do that while playing unpatched. It simply grates to
have my weapons on that letter.

[what letters for what items]
> amulet of gourmand is A

P for an amulet of the gourmand fits better for ROPP <eat something>
RPPO (ok, putting the main amulet on R would make more sense even,
but O and P are right next to each other), I think I should put
those on a macro. :)

> and the amulet I'm wearing when I'm not eating is B

Far too way out of reach. :)

> -- I use a lot of macros. Favorite ammunition is t.

My usual letters for items are all quite easily spotted in the
dumps. :) (I think I should make a makro to adjust the stuff at the
beginning of the game; it's the first I do, and wish there was some
setting to just define that stuff in the init.txt. Sticky letters
would be nice, too. Sorting all the junk again after dropping nearly
everything to make room for junk for an effective read of a scroll
of detect curse is just tedious.)

> I think that's it. My spell list is very weird, though

I like to have the spells on the left side of the keyboard, so I can
cast them without moving the right hand (have makroed Z to s)

Some other makros are D to b, ^ to h, X to <insert>, \ to u (there
wasn't anything closer to the left side left), and [old messages] to
-, for example, because they're all quite awkward to type.

>>> Or use a rod of destruction as your primary weapon -- I think
>>> the Inaccuracy/Bolt of Cold/Bolt of Fire one is the only that's
>>> really feasible for that, though. The rest have either wimpier
>>> spells or single-target only things.
>>
>> I don't understand this single-target thing.

> Bolts of iron or frost or whatever are hard to make your main
> attack, because you can only kill one thing at a time. I guess
> there are other spells from rods that hit multiple targets --
> lightning bolt, magma, and fireball -- but they're wimpy.

I thought you were still talking about training, in which case it'd
be irrelevant how many monsters would get hit, when you just shoot
it at empty air.

--
Tina the Swordfighter - a Follower of the Rediriecting Nervous Gatherer

"Darshan Shaligram" <darshans@aztec.soft.net> wrote in message

> Not known to me, it isn't. :)
>
> > Anybody have a similar problem?
>
> I'd like to know, too.

I should mention that it was apparently crashing before deleting the savefile.
I could start the game back up at the beginning of the level.

--
Jeremey

> Jeremey Wilson <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> barked:
> > Unless you're going to be a Nemelexite, I don't think it's
> > probably worth training evocations just to use cards, though.
>
> Well, I obviously see it differently, or I'd not have asked. I'd
> have liked to use my 4 decks of Power and my 2 decks of Wonder.

There's no reason not to use the decks of Power, unless you're so worried about
drawing blank cards that you'd prefer not drawing any cards at all.

--
Jeremey