Aspire 5749

Shadow2

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
i have an acer aspire 5749, it has built in Intel HD 3000 graphics. i was made aware that only 128mb of that is used for video graphics, and that this could be changed in the bios settings. however i am unable to find anywhere how to change my bios settings, as in the bios setup utility it has video memory fixed. was wondering if someone could edit a bios i could flash? or point me in the right direction. thanks for your help in advance

Most laptop manufacturer's remove some options from the BIOS Setup utility, including the ability to adjust the amount of system RAM assigned to the graphics adapter. I assume they don't want the owner to go tweaking too much, break something, and then make a warranty claim denying all knowledge of what could have caused it.

That seems reasonable to me. If you want a BIOS that's less restrictive, buy or build a "no-name" computer that's not factory-built, so it has a retail motherboard instead of one that's been custom-made for a computer company

The only BIOS updates you can install are those supplied by Acer on their website. Try flashing the BIOS with a non-Acer approved update and you could easily end up with a dead laptop.