[Crawl] (YA..)

I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
game with that silly priest:

6. 1129794 Yadraineer the Avatar (level 27, 241/241 HPs)
Began as a Hill Orc Priest on Aug 2, 2004.
Was a Priest of Yredelemnul.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 3 runes (of 3 types) on Sept 22, 2004!
The game lasted 1 day, 14:11:36 (350434 turns).

One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

I also had an interesting visit to Temple:0, -1 and -2 (after
leaving the Abyss), looked through old posts because I vaguely
remembered someone having a similar problem, then found I didn't
need any tricks because going up and down I ended up in a region of
Temple:0 that had a downstairs. :)

(some) Vanquished Creatures

3 orbs of fire (Zot:1 Zot:2 Zot:4)
2 ancient liches (Zot:4)
A royal jelly (Slime:6)
Boris (twice) (D:22 Zot:1)

21 storm dragons (D:25 D:27 Vault:7 Zot:1 Zot:2)
## And they didn't leave scales^Wa hide until at least Zot:2.

3 butterfly skeletons (D:17 D:25 Vault:8)
## Interesting, because there weren't any dead butterflies, so
they're not mine. :)

A program bug (Abyss)

The ghost of Arynd the Hacker, a powerful MD Hu (Abyss)
The ghost of Soulgrinder the Necromancer, a powerful DE Ne (Elf:7)
The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

6828 creatures vanquished.

--
Tina the Twirler - a Follower of the Roving Needy Groupie
6 answers Last reply

    Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) writes:

    >I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
    >game with that silly priest:

    Congratulations!

    >One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
    >and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
    >time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
    >still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

    Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
    electricity damage...

    >The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

    Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
    incarnation (same name, race and class)?

    -Jukka
    --
    Jukka Kuusisto
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    On 23 Sep 04 11:54:24 GMT, jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote:

    >Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
    >incarnation (same name, race and class)?

    I don't think so: it sure beats the reverse.

    Richard Daniel Henry
    danhenry@inreach.com
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Jukka Kuusisto <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> screamed:
    > Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) writes:

    >> I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
    >> game with that silly priest:

    > Congratulations!

    Thanks. :)

    >> The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

    > Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
    > incarnation (same name, race and class)?

    No, it's not all that rare. I don't make up a new name for each of
    the >1k characters, after all. Haven't wondered about disturbing,
    just how to get rid of them. :)

    --
    Tina the Caller - a Follower of the Reddish New Gremlin
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Tina Hall .-- .-. --- - . ---...

    > One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
    > and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
    > time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
    > still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

    With electrical resistance your character receives 1/3 of normal damage.

    --
    Loonie
    ---------------------------------------

    jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote in message news:<jkuusist.1095940464@kosh.hut.fi>...

    > Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
    > electricity damage...
    If not mistaken, 3 levels of insulation is...
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    jasonnorthrup@yahoo.com (Jason Northrup) writes:

    >jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote in message news:<jkuusist.1095940464@kosh.hut.fi>...
    >
    >> Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
    >> electricity damage...
    >If not mistaken, 3 levels of insulation is...

    You are mistaken. One or more levels is the same, you take
    33 % of the damage.

    -Jukka
    --
    Jukka Kuusisto