Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[Crawl] (YA..)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 10:06:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
game with that silly priest:

6. 1129794 Yadraineer the Avatar (level 27, 241/241 HPs)
Began as a Hill Orc Priest on Aug 2, 2004.
Was a Priest of Yredelemnul.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 3 runes (of 3 types) on Sept 22, 2004!
The game lasted 1 day, 14:11:36 (350434 turns).

One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

I also had an interesting visit to Temple:0, -1 and -2 (after
leaving the Abyss), looked through old posts because I vaguely
remembered someone having a similar problem, then found I didn't
need any tricks because going up and down I ended up in a region of
Temple:0 that had a downstairs. :) 

(some) Vanquished Creatures

3 orbs of fire (Zot:1 Zot:2 Zot:4)
2 ancient liches (Zot:4)
A royal jelly (Slime:6)
Boris (twice) (D:22 Zot:1)

21 storm dragons (D:25 D:27 Vault:7 Zot:1 Zot:2)
## And they didn't leave scales^Wa hide until at least Zot:2.

3 butterfly skeletons (D:17 D:25 Vault:8)
## Interesting, because there weren't any dead butterflies, so
they're not mine. :) 

A program bug (Abyss)

The ghost of Arynd the Hacker, a powerful MD Hu (Abyss)
The ghost of Soulgrinder the Necromancer, a powerful DE Ne (Elf:7)
The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

6828 creatures vanquished.

--
Tina the Twirler - a Follower of the Roving Needy Groupie

More about : crawl

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 3:54:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) writes:

>I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
>game with that silly priest:

Congratulations!

>One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
>and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
>time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
>still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
electricity damage...

>The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
incarnation (same name, race and class)?

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 4:31:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

On 23 Sep 04 11:54:24 GMT, jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote:

>Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
>incarnation (same name, race and class)?

I don't think so: it sure beats the reverse.

Richard Daniel Henry
danhenry@inreach.com
Related resources
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 7:03:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Jukka Kuusisto <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> screamed:
> Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) writes:

>> I'll keep this short, just wanted to mention that I finished the
>> game with that silly priest:

> Congratulations!

Thanks. :) 

>> The ghost of Yadraineer the Godless, an experienced HO Pr (D:6)

> Doesn't it feel disturbing to kill your character's previous
> incarnation (same name, race and class)?

No, it's not all that rare. I don't make up a new name for each of
the >1k characters, after all. Haven't wondered about disturbing,
just how to get rid of them. :) 

--
Tina the Caller - a Follower of the Reddish New Gremlin
September 23, 2004 8:42:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Tina Hall .-- .-. --- - . ---...

> One thing to note, for once I got myself a shiny gold dragon armour,
> and had to wear storm dragon armour after I finally got a hide (some
> time in Zot, not long after I'd fashioned the golden one). Why did I
> still take damage (and not little) when getting hit by lightning?

With electrical resistance your character receives 1/3 of normal damage.

--
Loonie
---------------------------------------
Respondit Pilatus quod scripsi scripsi.
http://www.crawl.iconrate.net
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 11:18:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote in message news:<jkuusist.1095940464@kosh.hut.fi>...

> Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
> electricity damage...
If not mistaken, 3 levels of insulation is...
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 10:23:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

jasonnorthrup@yahoo.com (Jason Northrup) writes:

>jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) wrote in message news:<jkuusist.1095940464@kosh.hut.fi>...
>
>> Well, insulation in Crawl is far for complete protection from
>> electricity damage...
>If not mistaken, 3 levels of insulation is...

You are mistaken. One or more levels is the same, you take
33 % of the damage.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto
!