Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Dell
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 2, 2012 10:44:34 AM

Hello Guys,

I have a 22" Dell S2209W monitor which I had purchased over 2 years ago. I am looking for a new monitor now. That monitor was ok, nothing great. Infact I was running a batman movie in my new Vaio laptop yesterday and my desktop. The difference in quality was easily visible. The white and good colours reflected in my laptop LCD screen was different that what dell monitor showed. It's (dell) white was not white and quailty of other colours was so so.

My main purposes :

- movies/tv shows
- software development work
- gaming (not often)

- Max Budget $300
- Size : 23" or 24"

I have a vaio laptop (1600x900) and at times when I am at home I would want to connect my laptop to the monitor so that I can use it to work on my office documents etc. And other times my monitor would anyways be connected to my PC.

The brands I would consider is DELL, Samsung, LG & Viewsonic. I am keen on dell ultrasharp monitor.

For e.g. DellTM UltraSharp U2312HM is costing $290 while 24" is costing $390.

What should I do for ? I want a very good display. I live outside US so sites like newegg etc won;t be helpful in terms of price.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Jack

More about : recommend lcd led monitor

August 3, 2012 5:03:14 AM

I live in asia. I think I would then go for the Dell 23" as apart from size there is no difference between the two.

The only thing is since it does not have a HDMI port so when I connect it to my laptop then I might have to use the vga port as the DVI will be used by my PC.
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2012 8:00:43 AM

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I bought the DELL Ultrasharp display. So lets see how this goes. :) 
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2012 1:04:40 AM

Enjoy!
m
l
!