IBM model M / Other mechanical keyboards.

i have owned 2 model m keyboards.

i will say that no keyboard today even comes close to how well built these things are. they are as solid as a rock on your desk and although very loud have perfect tactile feedback.

the one glaring issue with them is that they only support 2 key roll over or at least this is what a forum devoted to mechanical keyboards states.

i've had issues when typing on an older one (1985) which i fixed up where keypresses were missed. i'm not sure if it was because of 2kro or because i repaired some circuits myself. my second one (1998 i believe) had the same issue.

i'm currently in the market for a new mechanical keyboard and if unicomp made one with 6kro or better it would be the ideal choice. however, i find myself looking more at das keyboards, deck keyboards and wasd keyboards currently.

the unicomp model m keyboard is a cheaper manufactured product than the original. some parts have been changed slightly and in general it is not as heavily built. overall i would say it is okay though. the old keycaps from the originals fit. i think they come with molded keys which do not have keycaps.

if you are interested i believe i still have 1 or two sets of ibm keys laying around which i've been thinking of listing on ebay.