[crawl] YAN(?)I: sniping

i was meditating on the fact that bows (and in fact missile weapons in
general) have never seemed very effective to me in the lopng term, and i
wonder if there's a case for a new skill: sniping.

it would probably have to be scaled down from stabbing because of the
relative greater ease of not having to go right up to the monster.

whaddayareckon?

--
ru
1 answer Last reply

    ru .-- .-. --- - . ---...

    > i was meditating on the fact that bows (and in fact missile weapons in
    > general) have never seemed very effective to me in the lopng term, and i
    > wonder if there's a case for a new skill: sniping.
    >
    > it would probably have to be scaled down from stabbing because of the
    > relative greater ease of not having to go right up to the monster.
    >
    > whaddayareckon?

    IMO ranged weapons are a little too weak in Crawl, except crossbow maybe,
    so there is no need for a new skill, just to enhance existing ones a
    little. Especially GnHu with sling could be better - it's such a nifty
    character and always missing firepower. Some critical shots available to
    hunters could be a nice idea, like in Fallout: "you shot the cyclope in the
    eye for triple damage!", and such.

    --
    Loonie

Games Video Games