Vg278h color banding issue ,is that normal !!!

t21

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
well i have qestion about asus vg278h i can see od shapes and pixalation problem with wallpapers is it because it's 27 inch ?

or ........??

i can see these odd shapes specially with windows 7 wall paper i tried to change view mood but it doesn't go away unless i made srgb mood but still can notice it

any idea ?

"odd shapes" is not much to go on as to what this looks like. I will tell you that if you use a lower res wallpaper on a higher res screen, it will not look correct.

What is "view mood" exactly or srgb? Super RGB? Don't think there is such a setting anywhere in windows for that.

You need to explain what is going on a bit better. Are you using the native resolution for the monitor?

t21

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
"odd shapes" is not much to go on as to what this looks like. I will tell you that if you use a lower res wallpaper on a higher res screen, it will not look correct.

What is "view mood" exactly or srgb? Super RGB? Don't think there is such a setting anywhere in windows for that.

You need to explain what is going on a bit better. Are you using the native resolution for the monitor?
yes i use native reslution and by odd shapes i mean color banding
and by view modes i mean when u change the monitor from game to theater to night veiw mode to scentery mode ...........etc its a build in modes like any monitors

when i use standard mode i get minimum banding but in theater and game or nigh mode i get color banding

i used test image like these one
http://i45.tinypic.com/veypmr.png
and i should get smooth transition between colors and i do get that in standard mode only but i i changed to theater i would see lines which mean color banding

t21

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

you are right but newer monitors have these opitions some do and some don't it depends on the model

and i got my second monitor which is acer G245h 24inch also have these modes

well i don't care about modes i just change between then to get good picture qulity if u are watching movie with sandard mode u would feel the picture faint and not good qulity so u change it to theater or other modes in order to get the good picture

for me changing to that other modes will make me see banding in some part of movies and wall papers but not all of them

i using true colors 32bit and no 16 if i changed to 16 bit it would be a night mare

If you are using 32bit color and see color bands, could be in how the monitor works, when you change from one mode to another, the contrast and brightness change, more contrast would mean more differences between light and dark areas which could increase this banding issue.